• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

W-ARM for rear suspension 05 rage cracked!!

Yama-Crazy

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper rtx
Is there an after market W-arm for rear suspension for an 05 Rage mines cracked near welds and I need either a new one or an after market or some advice...Where can I get a good deal on one and do I have to pull the whole suspension out to fix this? Any and all advise is appreciated..Thanks in advance!

I have one off of a 05 warrior $75 plus shipping Maxdlx

PS can ship tomorow

Hit submit to quick. Get a used one mine or someone elses and look on here how others have added gussets. It will save you the hassel in the future. Maxdlx

Is yours in good shape no cracks? Yes I've seen how gussets have been added on a thread somewhere?

And wondering do I have to pull the drive sprocket (Cogs) out or just the rear half of the track and drop it down?

Mine is in great shape. The drivers stay in, but I'd pull the whole skid out to do the work. Check your lower shock mount while at it, they tend to be messed up when the w arm breaks. I have it too. Maxdlx

I just checked same part number on yor sled and mine. Maxdlx

maxdlx said:
Mine is in great shape. The drivers stay in, but I'd pull the whole skid out to do the work. Check your lower shock mount while at it, they tend to be messed up when the w arm breaks. I have it too. Maxdlx
Ok I'll check that out too and get back with you...might be a week or so tho..thanks!

Is this suspension worth fixing if its gonna crack somewhere else and maybe again? Maybe I should just pull it and put in a used cat suspension or something..any thoughts? :drink: Or maybe it just need some re-enforcing with extra weld?

Yama-Crazy said:
Is this suspension worth fixing if its gonna crack somewhere else and maybe again? Maybe I should just pull it and put in a used cat suspension or something..any thoughts? :drink: Or maybe it just need some re-enforcing with extra weld?

Depends if you have the $$ for a different skid. Me?..I'd look for a used skid on ebay. You're gonna keep welding that POS skid that's in there.

I dont have the extra cash right now so I'm thinking about going the guset route and making it stronger..?

Back