• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Water in Chain Case?

AXR

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Current: 2017 SideWinder L-TX LE

Past: 2015 Sr Viper R-TX SE, 2008 Apex RTX, 2002 Sx Viper, 1997 XTC 600, 1991 Doo Formula Plus.
Has anyone had this issue with their sled? My friends Turbo Cat looks to maybe have water in the chain case. See Pic. It only has 2 rides totaling 150 miles on it since the oil was changed.

OO62e82.jpg

He sent the pic to his dealer and they are telling him it looks like condensation. I don't see how condensation could cause that much of a milky look or am I wrong? Another sled in the same enclosed trailer does not look like that. My 2 winders in another enclosed trailer with about 300 miles since their oil change do not look like that either.

Thoughts? Is more water getting in there than condensation or what? The sled is going to the dealer this weekend to have the fluid changed again.

I'll have to keep an eye on that on the Winders now I guess.

Dealer is full of it!! That is not condensation bet he has bad seal !!!imo

Reactions: AXR
Dealer is full of it!! That is not condensation bet he has bad seal !!!imo
Me and my dealer looked and looked changed gaskets. Still got water. Sold sled it don’t do it on the new owner. Think it may be my riding style. We came up with no answer

Back