• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

We have little doubt a re-birth and freshening of the Apex. What are they saying??

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX
What is the article saying (go to the end) Are they saying a new Apex is in the works or are they saying something else? I don't get it. I'm at work, so sorry if I missed something in the article.

http://www.supertraxmag.com/features/whats-next-for-yamaha/n3844

111219_APEX_BIG.jpg

"Yamaha has a stellar record of producing quality ride performance"
While I disagree with this statement I do agree that the mono skid gave a pretty good ride. Beef up the W arm and put proper skid wheels on it and it was a great trail skid.

Agreed! the Mono had great ride quality for well groomed applications. I still have my 08 Apex GT LTX 40th and she is smooth until you get into the junk. This is where the Cat and Ski Doo suspensions shine.

Agreed! the Mono had great ride quality for well groomed applications. I still have my 08 Apex GT LTX 40th and she is smooth until you get into the junk. This is where the Cat and Ski Doo suspensions shine.
Yep
Still trying to find that good compromise between the rough and smooth. It has been elusive for my 06GT.

Just add "...for a rider rearward sled" to the end of every good thing they said. The competition's sleds ride and handle better because the driver is not sitting on top of the bouncy part.

The apex xtx skid with a star suspension kit is the best apex iv riddin and still prefer it over a winder and iv riden lots of apex and attaks and winders. If they re did some of the lines and seating and added a factory turbo to the apex id buy one in a heartbeat. Long live the 4cyl

Yamaha has people in place to build a very capable machine to get the job done they just need to let them do it and release it

"Yamaha has a stellar record of producing quality ride performance"
While I disagree with this statement I do agree that the mono skid gave a pretty good ride. Beef up the W arm and put proper skid wheels on it and it was a great trail skid.
'Uproarious applause...typical millenial BS from stupidtrax...but hey, they are an 'authority', so I'm putting my monoshock in the sidewinder this weekend! Applause!! lol..in any case, the mono works really well in many conditions..sucks up stutters, consistent predictable handling too...especially the faster you go. Just didn't like really big holes. Hygear and a thicker seat makes it even better.

Last edited:
Yamaha is out of the Sno Mo biz, accept it. Not profitable anymore. Put their money where sales are...ATV SXS WATERCRAFT MOTORCYCLES OUTBOARDS. Winters are too short unfortunately guys.

I have to disagree with that statement, I think Yamaha is a leader in snowmobile development and is far from dead, just ask anyone that squeezes the throttle on a Winder, I believe Yamaha will answer the call sooner then we think, Cat won't know what hit them.

Textron bought Arctic Cat Industries for only $247 million. "In the 2018 fiscal year, Yamaha Corporation generated about 4.07 billion U.S. dollars in net sales." I don't think Yamaha wants Arctic Cat or they would have fought to buy them originally when they went up for sale. I am going on 8 years, service free, on my Apex (except oil, new battery, etc). Yamaha knows how to build the BEST bullet proof snowmobiles out there for the money. In my opinion, my Apex is equal to 5 each brand new 2 stroke machines because 2 stroke machines that are ridden hard last 5,000 miles max before major repairs are required. Apex at 25,000 miles is the first time its due for anything that has to do with the engine. And that is just a check. Its a sport-bike engine, its bulletproof.

No doubt the Apex motor is awesome but depending how and where you ride the suspension and handling is lacking. My opinion is you won't see another Apex motor or suspension ever again and I'm fine with that. If they try and bring that stuff back to the table it's by by for me I'm now spoiled with this pro cross chassis.

No doubt the Apex motor is awesome but depending how and where you ride the suspension and handling is lacking. My opinion is you won't see another Apex motor or suspension ever again and I'm fine with that. If they try and bring that stuff back to the table it's by by for me I'm now spoiled with this pro cross chassis.
Why don't you just by a Cat, why pay the extra to Yamaha for stickers, pro cross may ride nice but its far from the best out there, and its getting old to.

Back