• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski adjustment for Snow Trackers??

Snorover

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Viper
What is the proper way to adj the skies for the Snow Trackers as I heard that it should be 0 Toe in/out??
My 2017 is within 1/4, but my 2022 is way off.

0 toe in/out - what snowtrackers excel at is creating a new track that is easier for the ski to follow. It does so by filling in the tracks in front of you and the deep keel cuts below other tracks.

Toe in will make the sled run straighter
Toe out will make initial turn in easier at the expense of straight line stability
This is true for cars as well

If you have too much toe-in the sled will be hard to turn in and when you do get it to turn, it may promote understeer (push) in corners. Too much toe out and you risk the sled being unstable, exaggerating oversteer in corners and will make the sled feel loose. Snowtrackers can magnify these effects which is why you want zero toe. Having said that, these are not precision steering instruments nor is snow a high traction medium so get it as close as you can to zero.

It should be 0 degrees for SnowTrackers. I have them on my Viper and they work great.

What is the proper way to adj the skies for the Snow Trackers as I heard that it should be 0 Toe in/out??
My 2017 is within 1/4, but my 2022 is way off.
I guess I should have asked just how to adjust the skies, with weight on or off for the adjustment and adjust both sides equally??

I snapped a chalk line on the floor as a reference (lengthwise with sled) and adjusted the skis with the weight of the sled on them although it shouldn't make a huge amount of difference.

All above is good info. If you have an older sled with a bit of slop in the steering I recommend a bungy across the ski tips to make sure you don't go beyond 0 toe in.

I am looking at a set for my 2020 viper. How do they fare on blacktop? There were a few roads I crossed and wiped out the regular skaggs in a hurry. Thanks for the feed back

I am looking at a set for my 2020 viper. How do they fare on blacktop? There were a few roads I crossed and wiped out the regular skaggs in a hurry. Thanks for the feed back
These things are amazing...Blacktop? not a problem 2018 Viper, 4000 miles, still serviceable...sled handles extremely well.

Back