• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weird Pricing between Yamaha & Cat.

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
Comparing retail pricing between Yamaha & Cat makes no sense. Yamaha Sidewinder L-TX LE IS $16,669, while Cat ZR 9000 thunder cat is $16,899 are basically the same sled and Cat is $200 more. Yamaha Sidewinder L-TX is $15,399, while Cat ZRT 9000 Sno Pro (137) is $15,899, same sled and the Cat is $500 more. Yamaha Sidewinder L-TX DX is $15,499, while Cat ZR 9000 LXR, is $15,299, same sled and the Cat is $200 less. Funny that one Cat model basically the same, is $500 more, while another model basically the same is $200 less.

Comparing retail pricing between Yamaha & Cat makes no sense. Yamaha Sidewinder L-TX LE IS $16,669, while Cat ZR 9000 thunder cat is $16,899 are basically the same sled and Cat is $200 more. Yamaha Sidewinder L-TX is $15,399, while Cat ZRT 9000 Sno Pro (137) is $15,899, same sled and the Cat is $500 more. Yamaha Sidewinder L-TX DX is $15,499, while Cat ZR 9000 LXR, is $15,299, same sled and the Cat is $200 less. Funny that one Cat model basically the same, is $500 more, while another model basically the same is $200 less.

Maybe they are not as same as you think. Shocks packages.. add ons, who knows.

There not exactly the same, one is Yamaha and the other is Artic Cat. There margins, parts installed, etc etc etc could be simaler but not every thing about them is the "same" . Having said that is most likely why the pricing is diffrent.

I believe the margins the cat dealers get to work with are greater than the Yamaha dealers get. The msrp are high, but I've have two dealers get the 129rr to 13,750+89 doc fee, and 13,950 for the 137rr plus 89 doc fee. The best I've seen for a yamaha is 14,400 for a LTD le plus doc fee with a 5 year warranty in South Dakota. If I buy in Wisconsin or illinois it goes up to $14650plus doc. Making me believe theyou must sell these cheaper to Cat dealer's. That is if you want to deal with their warranty, and clutches lol

We all know the main differences are clutches and skis, but in the original post I posted, the shocks are the same in each set of sleds I compared. Could be other minor differences.

The other plus side of buying the yamaha, even if a couple bucks more is the resale value is usually higher than cat

Not very fun dealing with cat's extended warranty people either. Apples to apples comparison at the same yamaha/cat dealer, getting cat (or the aftermarket warranty company) to cover anything is like pulling teeth. The stories I've heard about cat warranty would make me never buy one, let alone pay for extra warranty from them. Yamaha on the other hand has been great to me, no bs and taken care of.

w/out looking at cat's specs I would say main differences would be tunnel flares std. on a cpl of their models (T Cat), and maybe more models with heated seat? Not 1 Yamaha comes with flares and only the dx and LE models have a heated seat.

w/out looking at cat's specs I would say main differences would be tunnel flares std. on a cpl of their models (T Cat), and maybe more models with heated seat? Not 1 Yamaha comes with flares and only the dx and LE models have a heated seat.
maybe it has something to do with cat buying the engine and clutches to name only a few things from outside suppliers , whereas Yamaha is providing those components .

Back