• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

well boys here it is the 2008 nytroFX

STORM-CHASER

TY 4 Stroke Guru
FX Nytro, FX Nytro RTX, FX Nytro MTX

This machine is new from the track and skis up. It's more than a Phazer on steroids; it's a triple-cylinder, 130-HP powerhouse in a chassis that weighs about 560 lbs. WET. What the yellow camp did to their 2-strokers, Yamaha did to their 4-strokers. They tightened everything up and lightened it up and created this next-gen 4-stroke model. The result is a sled with about the same HP-to-weight ratio as the big-dog Apex. The difference is that the FX Nytro rides way different than the Apex. The rider sits higher and even more centralized. When we rode this thing we were impressed. The power and torque is excitingly pleasing and the machine feels and handles quite light.

The engine is the focus of the machine and puts out over 130-ponies. It's a triple-cylinder EFI and is different than the 120-HP version found in the RS Vector line. It is lighter weight than the Vector motor and also features Yamaha's E.B.R.S. which is an engine braking reduction system that provides more of a coasting effect when you let off of the throttle, similar to how a 2-stroke motor feels. It is less abrupt than how a 4-stroke generally feels in a snowmobile. I happen to like the engine braking of the Apex and other 4-stroke models once I'm used to it, and the Nytro still has it, but not as abrupt.

The chassis includes a completely new front suspension that is easier to adjust and allows flatter cornering. The FX Nytro did corner pretty flat on our initial ride. Here are some other highlights:

Sport rider-forward position
Hand warmers to the end of the bar
Electric start standard
Lightweight rear exhaust
Beveled tunnel
Wide running boards
Lightweight die-cast FX frame
Digital gauge
Lightweight one-piece hood/console
Available in a base version, 40th Anniversary trim, RTX with Fox Floats and a Mountain version.

The FX Nytro builds upon the Phazer styling and offers more power for those hungry for it. We saw something coming last year after the Phazer was introduced, but not quite like this.

Attachments

• post 1.jpg
    post 1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 226
  • racesled2.jpg
    racesled2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,143

What is the dry weight?. I see that it only has a 7.5 gallon gas tank. I'm also a little dissapointed in the price. When they brought out the phazer they has a somewhat reasonable MSRP. I can't believe that they have that much more into the FX Nytro RTX. I mean $10,699 for the one with reverse is over priced. They should have been around $9,500 tops.

7.5 gallon tank, what were they thinking?

clicker_clit said:
What is the dry weight?. I see that it only has a 7.5 gallon gas tank. I'm also a little dissapointed in the price. When they brought out the phazer they has a somewhat reasonable MSRP. I can't believe that they have that much more into the FX Nytro RTX. I mean $10,699 for the one with reverse is over priced. They should have been around $9,500 tops.

markusvt said:

clicker_clit said:

they must want to keep the wet weight down.

markusvt said:

clicker_clit said:

Now they can sell you a 2.5 gallon jerry can for the back of the sled to get your 10 gallons like the old sleds and their wet weights will be down on the spec sheet. I want to see how the rear suspension works mostly.

the small tank will keep me from buying it... Plus its $3k more then the Phazer Fx...

Phazer gets 80 miles on a tank and the light comes on but still has about 2 gallons to get some where so at 115 miles its empty and thats 80hp at 8 gallons of fuel.........

I see the phazer Fx is up to $7599 so my 2007 with 3 year warranty and studs for $5200 is still a deal........

Do the math 115 miles by 8 gallons thats about 14.5 miles to the gallon......
Granted I ride it hard, lake and trail so for a slow rider maybe 16 Mpg

But this is lighter and less HP...

All the Big Hp sleds have 11 gallons or close to it....

I Like to be ridin and not thinkin about fuel till 100 miles

Back