• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

well boys here it is the 2008 nytroFX

donnyrhodes said:
Do the math 115 miles by 8 gallons thats about 14.5 miles to the gallon......
Granted I ride it hard, lake and trail so for a slow rider maybe 16 Mpg

But this is lighter and less HP...

Yer right...I misread your post and thought you said you were getting 80 miles per 8 gallons. I haven't paid much attention to the Phazer. Seems a little odd that they're getting 15 mpg when the bigger HP Vector/Nytro motor is getting a lot of 18 to 20 reports. Even my Attak gets a consistent 14.5 ridden hard...same as your Phazer. That just seems strange considering how different the sleds are in terms of HP and weight.

It will be very interesting to see how this new motor drinks. Might get better than the Phazers since the motor is rather similar to the Vector/Nytro setup and apparently that 120 Genesis appears to be the least thirsty motor in the Yami camp right now.

Like I mentioned I run the sled to its max on the trails and lake ...

There was one trip I got 47 miles on 2.6 gallons but it was cruising a tight trail on nice hard packed at like 35 mph so thats about 18 mpg but that was low speed and Ideal snow... A rev 600ho carb took 5 gallons at that fill up...

I am happy with 15 mpg on a sled but I feel a 7 gallon tank is to small for a 130ho model... I wish my phazer tank was bigger

donnyrhodes said:
the small tank will keep me from buying it... Plus its $3k more then the Phazer Fx...

Phazer gets 80 miles on a tank and the light comes on but still has about 2 gallons to get some where so at 115 miles its empty and thats 80hp at 8 gallons of fuel.........

I see the phazer Fx is up to $7599 so my 2007 with 3 year warranty and studs for $5200 is still a deal........

I don't know how you are only getting 80 miles before your light comes on. We rode 90 miles yesterday and I still had 3-4 bars left with no low fuel light on my Phazer FX. The same goes with the wife's Nytro. That had 4 bars and no low fuel light.

PatM,

I am with you. I have ridden over 100 miles with my wifes Phazer FX and still didn't see the low fuel light, actually think I still had 2-3 bars left. Even running it full bore all day, I still think I could ride 125 miles without fear of walking.

I am thinking hard about a new FX Nitro RTX.........

I think it really depends on your riding conditions. The 1st couple of rides I made were in a lot of powder and only got about 140 km per tank and was empty. Recently I went for a 100 km run on groomed trails and I only used 3/8 of a tank. The powder really eats up the gas on this machine.

There are 8 bars on a Phazer and only 8 gallons of Fuel... Almost 1 bar per gallon, at 1/4 tank "2 bars" my light comes on thats about 2 gallons of fuel and will give me a 30 mile range....

Like I said about 115 miles per tank

craze1cars said:
Only 115 miles on a tank with the 80 hp motor? This is my biggest concern with the new Nytro. I'd think it's gotta drink more fuel than the Phazer. So sub-100 mile range maybe?
That twin revs to the moon plus you have to stay on the throttle. I'll bet the Nytro Triple gets 17-18 ;)!

Just last night light came on and and down to last bar when I filled up I was at 100 even with my phazer.Fun night!Came out to 13mpg I thought tank was 10 gal!Glad I made it if its 8.oops

Back