• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What about a Nytro XTX SE Version

NLViper

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 FX Nytro RTX
2010 RS Venture TF
2014 PRO RMK Assault 800
I have been thinking about this quite a bit and figured I would throw it out there and see what ever one else thinks.

What if Yamaha were to offer and XTX SE version. With the same shock/suspension package that they are offering on the Nytro MTX SE this year. Team it up with an 1.75" Back Country track direct from the factory. Kind of like a cross country or back country special edition model. Me personally I am not to concerned about the skis as my Power Hounds would go nicely on a sled of this kind.

This would be a be a big hit out where I come from with the amount of back country/off trial riding that get's done around here.

Just a thought, so what do you think?

That would be awsome i woulda bought one it woulda saved me alot of money instead of me modding my xtx to be a real time crossover like your talking about

That is exactly the same for me. I am in over $3000 on my RTX just to make it more off Trail friendly( well not all the money was to make it better off trail some of it was to make it quicker)

Well hopefully for 2011 we may get this sled. As I said above I think it would be a big hit.

I hear ya id say i have close to 3g's in mine and the only thing i have touched for motor mod is an excell exhaust i want to do more but.. And there goes a good $1,000 on a pipe than put i needed wider ski's, bigger tank so got a trail tank plus handle bar risers and hand guards and now i need a back country track so add another 600 when that is all said in done lol and i have a wish list about a mile long. I would have spent the extra 1000 to get an SE version

NLViper said:
What if Yamaha were to offer and XTX SE version. With the same shock/suspension package that they are offering on the Nytro MTX SE this year. Team it up with an 1.75" Back Country track direct from the factory. Kind of like a cross country or back country special edition model.

This would be a brilliant idea as this type of sled is what most people around my place is looking for. Including myself. This is also the direction some of the modifications on my RTX SE have taken and will continue to take.

Actually, I am not that worried about the OEM skis and the OEM track, because I will likely replace them myself anyway. But I know that there is a lot of people out there that want to buy a sled ready for use once taken off the showroom floor. Simply, they do not have the money, the time or the interest to fiddle around with aftermarket parts in order to mak the sled perform. Yamaha says the XTX is a crossover sled. In the conditions around my place, a true crossover sled is delivered with nothing less than a 1.5" paddle track. All other brands around here are delivered with 1.5-1.75" paddle tracks. If the sled is delivered with less, people will say it is nothing but an extended trails sled. Basically, it should not be possible to humiliate a true crossover sled - stock or not - with a big-lug shortie...

I would also like to see the XTX with a beefier rear suspension. It is obvious that the current XTX rear suspension can not take one season of rough trail abuse and this is also what stopped me from getting the XTX in the first place. I would like to see something more along the lines of the RTX SE. I guess what I really want is the XTX built like a Polaris Assault (the concept itself, not the Poo build quality...). This as a Yamaha OEM sled would be like a dream come true...

I know I would have ponied up some extra cash for an xtx se. I "settled" with and rtx because I liked the options on that better than a longer track.
however you would be looking at 12k plus for a sled like that.... :moon:

I too would have spent the extra cash for one like that, I agree with Alatalo on the Assualt thing, incorperate some eye catching aftermarket goodies like the pro taper bars etc. It wouldn't take them much to do, its just moving some parts around from other models and some minor recalibration.

It would be a great idea and I would of bought one if it was available when I bought my 09. I aslo agree with the idea it needs a different skid that can take a little more punishment. I already proved it can't take the hard riding that some people dish out. Now I am buying new rails cause yamaha wouldn't cover them, even after I was told when buying the sled don't worry you won't bend them, that tip up is not a weak point well guess what. So imo a crossover sled should handle the deep stuff which it does and I am happy with the sled it just lacks durability when it comes to the rough stuff. Would I buy another one? Any day I love the sled I just pushed it pass its limit.
I do wish aftermarket products didn't cost so much. $1000 for an exhaust wow.

I agree with you Alatalo about the Assault. I see Ski-doo also have a renegade back country x this year along the same lines.

I think it has been discussed on here before about the locations where the development of these sleds take place. Mostly on trails and maybe a little playing in some adjacent fields in the deeper stuff.

Where I come from we kinda fall right in the middle of two sled types. To much for a stock XTX and to little for a MTX SE. But I guess people like us are in the minority and this is the reason why we will not get our dream sled built.

Thanks for chiming in guys, glad to know I am not alone.

NLViper said:
I have been thinking about this quite a bit and figured I would throw it out there and see what ever one else thinks.

What if Yamaha were to offer and XTX SE version. With the same shock/suspension package that they are offering on the Nytro MTX SE this year. Team it up with an 1.75" Back Country track direct from the factory. Kind of like a cross country or back country special edition model. Me personally I am not to concerned about the skis as my Power Hounds would go nicely on a sled of this kind.

This would be a be a big hit out where I come from with the amount of back country/off trial riding that get's done around here.

Just a thought, so what do you think?

I'm all over this ! Sign me up ;)!

I agree with above comments regarding bigger tracks and beefed up skid. However, I am not sold on the air shocks.

Over the weekend I switched my FOX 5.0 DHX air shock on my Mountain bike to a Cane Creek coil shock(OHlins technology). I couldn't believe how much better the ride and capabilty of the bike with the coil vs the air shock is. I know this is not a direct comparison but it backs up my theory that air shocks just don't work as well as coils. Especially on trail chop.

By the way the Assault is coming with coil shocks on the front this year instead of the WE air shocks.

Back