• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What are some of the bugs to get out of a 2014 Viper rtx 129" track ?

Yama-Crazy

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper rtx
Haven't been riding in over 6 years glad to be back! From a 2005 Rage to 2014 Viper rtx.. cant wait to feel the change in ride power and performance! Let it snow! Any words of advice? Skis? Suspension? Belts? I know there must be some bugs that come along with this 2014 rtx .. its all stock. I want to have good bite in the curves and yet eliminate darting.. also it has fox floats .. I'm a very aggressive rider, are there any upgrades for bigger bump handling ? Any advice is greatly appreciated.. looking for the most cost effective upgrades {biggest bang for the buck} that actual make a noticeable difference.

I have the same sled and love it!!!! Very fun trail sled! Carbides would be the first thing I suggest changing. I ran slim jims last year they worked well! This year I went with aggressive snow trackers!!!
I also add a pipe clutch kit with osb belt adjuster with 8dn belt and stingrays free air box mod and noticed a nice gain in power

Enjoy your new sled!

Skid shock revalve. HUGE improvement in ride and Handling. The rebound is way to slow and valving is off also. I do a revalve for $80 a shock. Best $ you will spend.

I saw this add on kit for sale on ebay.. so this is a good add on?
It's a good add on, but you'll appreciate a revalve in the skids shocks more right off. I had mine revalved after only 300 miles and the difference is incredible. Cannondale27 didn't do mine, but I consulted him and used very similar valving. 80$ a shock is a great price and you won't believe the difference.

Back