• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What did I just bring home? =D

Wow!! 161km's is crazy!! I'd change the oil and filter right away cause it's obviously never been changed and has sat a lot with the engine building lubricants and initial break in wear metals. Get a good non synthetic oil in there until the engine is fully broken in then change to synthetic after a couple thousand Km's.

That gotta be a 2012 fx nytro xtx. I have the same thing. Manufacture date is close to mine as well. If your looking to do worthwhile stuff before snow flies I'd suggest gusseting the subframe before you bend it. And believe me you will bend it. Lots of good mods for this sled to make it your own. But ride it a bit first.

Only 161 miles, dont matter what year.. Its like brand new.. '12 XTX. Nice Find..

Never mind taking it easy until 1000 miles! Ride it like you stole it.....that's' the best way to break in the engine.

:yam:Nice! I got the same sled. Picked it up last season with about 5000 km on it and only got one ride of about 180 km before the season was done. I know how you feel, can't wait to ride!!!! Only thing that kinda sucks is the small fuel tank, get about 170 km on a tank, I'm picking up the mountain addiction gas rack kit this week so that should add a few more km

Never mind taking it easy until 1000 miles! Ride it like you stole it.....that's' the best way to break in the engine.
1000 km and not milles and thats the worts advice ever..... pounding on brand new motor allow it to break in

1000 km and not milles and thats the worts advice ever..... pounding on brand new motor allow it to break in
I have also heard that the 4 strokes are opposite of the 2 strokes, you can ride then how you normally would even when they are brand new

:yam:Nice! I got the same sled. Picked it up last season with about 5000 km on it and only got one ride of about 180 km before the season was done. I know how you feel, can't wait to ride!!!! Only thing that kinda sucks is the small fuel tank, get about 170 km on a tank, I'm picking up the mountain addiction gas rack kit this week so that should add a few more km
that not bad 170 km for 27 l of 87 i used to get 100 km for 40l of 91 on my arctic cat

I have also heard that the 4 strokes are opposite of the 2 strokes, you can ride then how you normally would even when they are brand new
no you still have to allow the ring to and the cylinder to settle in these motor are built with really tight tolerance everything has to wear in first 800 km yamaha recommand no prolonged w.o.t operation it sais right in the owner manuel under break in section

Last edited:
no you still have to allow the ring to and the cylinder to settle in these motor are built with really tight tolerance everything has to wear in first 800 km yamaha recommand no prolongue w.o.t operation it sais right in the owner manuel under brake in section

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 65
the first 3 start is to allow the piston to expand and contract its like curing them in the 2 stroke world this is the most crucial step it prevent scoring the piston or the cylinder

So ride 'er hard and put 'er away wet then? I'd love to if it'd only snow. Can you guys help me out there?

Back