• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Have You Done To Your Nytro Today ?

The Yamaha Yeti said:
I totaled my Nytro by hitting a big rock at 70 M.P.H after it decided to 'dart' to the right and sending me off the hard pack and into the powder. Thus hitting the big rock and flying over the bars! I just got home from having my neck and back examined at the emergency room as I type this...

So Thats what I did to my Nytro today. Or more precisely, what it did to me!

I'm really starting to reconsider owning and riding Yamaha sleds. These have to be some of the worst handling snowmobiles in the history of snowmobiling!

This Nytro almost killed me today. And I'm being totally serious.

Sounds like you were going to fast that close to the edge of the trail? I have ridden sleds that dart before and never had one throw me off the trail...Any road sodas involved? If your sled was darting maybe a little caution was in order not ripping it up at 70 MPH. Glad to hear you're OK.

Yes, I was going way to fast for conditions, and no I was not drinking! Not the sleds fault at all...

I'm just pissed that we have had the best snowfall we have had in years and I practically total my brand new Nytro!

Front suspension is bent and twisted to #*$&@ and the sled only has 170 miles on it. I suppose it will never be the same after this!

The Yamaha Yeti said:
Yes, I was going way to fast for conditions, and no I was not drinking! Not the sleds fault at all...

I'm just pissed that we have had the best snowfall we have had in years and I practically total my brand new Nytro!

Front suspension is bent and twisted to poop and the sled only has 170 miles on it. I suppose it will never be the same after this!

That sucks but hey you're ok...glad to hear no booze involved. These sled will let you know if you try and take a corner off...they show you that inside ski right quick!! Gotta be on your toes all the time.

The Yamaha Yeti said:

Front suspension is bent and twisted to poop and the sled only has 170 miles on it. I suppose it will never be the same after this!

First off, glad to here you are ok.

But on the bright side, it could be a whole lot better sled after. New front end new strengthened sub frame

Well I broke 25,000km on my 2009 Nytro XTX yesterday. :Rockon:

Attachments

• 25000km.jpg
    25000km.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 64
Yamatario said:
Well I broke 25,000km on my 2009 Nytro XTX yesterday. :Rockon:

Awesome! That makes my 09 with 6000 not even broke in! What repairs/maintenance have you done to it?

i put the seat back on and mounted the last modrod vent piece. earlyer i put on a assault track an 10" wheels and built the exhausr under tunnel. and painted hood white.

Just put on the SB stage 2 and test rode. Sweet!!! Changed out a mod rod vent and put on some plastic rectangles for the reg stickers (I'm sick of loosing them)

Hygear triple rate front springs , new a arm bushings . machined the old ones down to fit on the cross rod for the limiter straps. works real good. just bought some hids from ddm tuning . waiting on them . this is my first sled ever and I ride like I stole it 60 70 80 through all the trails up in Maine I have no problems with handling. this sled flat out rocks . I might be a little sore in the morning but when I get on the next day I just ride .
2009 nitro xtx. I did have a banshee for years LOL. o yeah doo pilot skis 6 and 4 carbides I think. I might do some type of shock revalve does anybody have a thoughts on the revalve ? good luck to u all :yam:

Went it in a blizzard and came through a $hit storm. Ripped a side off a brand new pro r rush, and crinkled an apex. Mine doesn't look to bad, but is just about totaled. The pro r is totaled and the apex is fixable with 2,500 in damage. Luckily no one was seriously injured or dead. Why two sleds would block a trail in a white out condition, I do not know. Well Time to part out my sled .... Ugh! Just as everything was going great with her. Will miss the old Nytro

sheetwright said:
Went it in a blizzard and came through a $hit storm. Ripped a side off a brand new pro r rush, and crinkled an apex. Mine doesn't look to bad, but is just about totaled. The pro r is totaled and the apex is fixable with 2,500 in damage. Luckily no one was seriously injured or dead. Why two sleds would block a trail in a white out condition, I do not know. Well Time to part out my sled .... Ugh! Just as everything was going great with her. Will miss the old Nytro

Glad nobody was seriously hurt!! It doesn't surprise me one bit that two guys blocking the trail though, seems people riding up there are dumber and dumber every time I go there. Seriously amazing the competent level of riders I see riding, no hand signals, wrong side on corners and actually side swiping sleds when passing us. I have slowed way down just from last year in fear of meeting sleds on every corner. Sucks about your sled, especially since it was for sale......

Back