• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the stock helix angle

MMax00

Extreme
What is the stock Helix angle and what angles are you running for a 162? Should I go higher or lower?

I have a 48/42 laying around but don't know if it will help anything on the nytro.

thanks for any help you can give me

mountain_mod_viper said:
Not positive about the 2010 mtx's, but the 08-09s are a straight 43 degree. I'm pretty sure the 2010 is the same.

My 2010 162 SE came with a 39* helix with a W-W spring at 3-3... Gonna run that at 6000'+ out west...

Around Northern MN (1300') I just run a 47* helix with a P spring at 1-6... works great and RPMs are about dead on... Note: I haven't really beat the #*$&@ out of it yet to try and notice max RPMs since I am still breaking it in but after about 250 miles on it now I haven't noticed any over-revving/high rpms...

BigECB said:
mountain_mod_viper said:
Not positive about the 2010 mtx's, but the 08-09s are a straight 43 degree. I'm pretty sure the 2010 is the same.

My 2010 162 SE came with a 39* helix with a W-W spring at 3-3... Gonna run that at 6000'+ out west...

Around Northern MN (1300') I just run a 47* helix with a P spring at 1-6... works great and RPMs are about dead on... Note: I haven't really beat the poop out of it yet to try and notice max RPMs since I am still breaking it in but after about 250 miles on it now I haven't noticed any over-revving/high rpms...

I think I was incorrect. I think the 08-09's are 39 degrees. Not at home right now to check for sure. Sorry if I gave bad info.

Back