• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to do

Shawn660

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Crossfire 800SP
Waiting on 2022 Sidewinder XTX SE
So another EDP issue. Ordered March 2021, told expect September or October delivery, I figured that was optimistic but whatever.

Then I'm told November, then December, then before Christmas. Then soon, then the end of January with confirmation from the Yamaha rep apparently. Now it's silence from the Yamaha rep. Tried calling Yamaha customer relations, voicemail full and no answer from Yamaha Canada on Facebook Messenger.

So now I'm sitting on all kinds of goodies for a Yamaha that I don't have, don't know when is coming and can't get answers on.

Can't go to a cottage we own that has required maintenance due to having solar power etc.

At this point I want to get the media involved, one of those station we fight for you things.

At the end of the day we are also looking at a side by side, and another outboard motor, pretty sure those won't be yamaha which sucks cause my dealer is generally awesome.

Any ideas or opinions from all you great folks?

Yamaha is not the only one with delivery problems. ALL manufactures have delivery problems. Snowmobile, S X S, cars, trailers, parts, trucks etc. It sucks, yes but going to a different manufacture won't solve your problem.
I have an LTX on order, I don't believe it will come in before April. I went and bought a different sled and will deal with the new one when(if) it comes. I am not going to sit around waiting with nothing to ride.....

Can't really help you out, but I know guys personally that did early deposit on Doo and Pol, and haven't got them or they've been cancelled.
At this point, I figure my energy would be better directed towards my member of parliament, as it's time to end all this government support and silliness, and get people back to work!

Yamaha is not the only one with delivery problems. ALL manufactures have delivery problems. Snowmobile, S X S, cars, trailers, parts, trucks etc. It sucks, yes but going to a different manufacture won't solve your problem.
I have an LTX on order, I don't believe it will come in before April. I went and bought a different sled and will deal with the new one when(if) it comes. I am not going to sit around waiting with nothing to ride.....

My issue isn't with the late delivery it's the it's coming it's coming. Skidoo now has sleds at dealers I could be picking up but Yamaha told me to buy all my goodies before the sled.

Silence from them, just give up the info. When's it coming? No way they don't have info on 20+k in product that is apparently built since is was supposed to be delivered already.

They should have told me in October it's delayed, go get something to ride. Everything left is junk, way over priced, or new. If I go new I have a bunch of Yamaha stuff I no longer have a use for.

Maybe ask Jaret from Yamaha, he posts on here from time to time with always such great news from Yamaha, Call him out!! maybe he can give you a explanation, I'm sure your not the only one that's in this situation, hopefully you just gave Yamaha a deposit and not give them the full amount, and I'm sure Yamaha took your money with a big smile and a promise, all your asking is for Yamaha to be up front with you, and not keep leading you on, sorry to hear this, hope it works out for you.

What exactly are you going to go to the media for? Poor customer communications? Not sure that is exactly newsworthy. All manufacturers across all industries are having problems getting product. In my world some devices we need are delayed up to a year from now. I have heard some folks waiting 8 months for trucks. Some electronic components simply are no longer being made as all the production lines turn to more critical components. This isn't a yamaha problem (or polaris which is worse right now) or cat, etc.. this is a worldwide problem with parts/labor/capacity/and process for how goods are typically made. Competition these days has forced everyone to move to just in time processes, which in their most basic terms act like a bucket brigade with each manufacturing stage handing off to the next 'just in time'. When we have core failures in the process, especially early in the process (labor shortages in mines, factories running with fewer workers, shipping that cannot get into port) the whole thing starts to break down quickly. The below chart tells the story, the one thing you are waiting for (manufacturing) has taken the single biggest covid induced impact.

1644066705806.png

My issue isn't with the late delivery it's the it's coming it's coming. Skidoo now has sleds at dealers I could be picking up but Yamaha told me to buy all my goodies before the sled.

Silence from them, just give up the info. When's it coming? No way they don't have info on 20+k in product that is apparently built since is was supposed to be delivered already.

They should have told me in October it's delayed, go get something to ride. Everything left is junk, way over priced, or new. If I go new I have a bunch of Yamaha stuff I no longer have a use for.
You can find good sleds, they are out there. Yes, you may pay a little more than years past but keep looking, you find the right one.
I just bought this for 10k. 1100 miles. A little more than years past? yes but still a good deal in my eyes. Just buy something you feel you can get your money back out of if needed. This is the third sled I bought this year.
1644067439588.png

Last edited:

As frustrating as it is, much of this is outside of Yamaha's control. All of the ski-doo dealers near me have zero inventory unless you are interested in a mountain sled or the occasional canceled order. There are still lots of Ski-Doo and Polaris guys waiting for sleds and some outright manufacturer canceled orders. The ability for any manufacturer right now to predict product availability with certainty is extremely limited.

We call it the whipsaw effect in supply chain management. Manufacturer A says that they can get a specific qty of parts done by a specific time, Manufacturer B, the customer of that manufacturer A who is assembling the goods for the primary contractor raises their forecast to match, the primary contractor (Cat or Yamaha) does the same. Sales/marketing/communications in the company gets wind of this and raises their expectations (and everyone elses). Turns out Manufacturer A is wrong, parts don't come in, everyone downstream lowers their forecast for production, this flows back down the line to Manufacturer A who in turn lowers their forecast and the cycle repeats. Multiply this times the thousand parts that are required to build a sled and you have a nightmare. This is a very simplistic example that ignores shipping, processing, inspection, import, and a myriad of other details which are normally predictable and right now its just a guessing game. That's no excuse for how any company communicates to their customers but.. it is uncharted waters for many of them.

As far as the rest of the Yamaha stuff, was this through your dealer? If your dealer was encouraging you to go out and buy then you should be having a terse conversation with them. I doubt it was Yamaha except by indirect encouragement through optimistic delivery dates. If you bought all of this gear early enough on, you can probably recover your costs as prices are up across the board on everything.

As frustrating as it is, much of this is outside of Yamaha's control. All of the ski-doo dealers near me have zero inventory unless you are interested in a mountain sled or the occasional canceled order. There are still lots of Ski-Doo and Polaris guys waiting for sleds and some outright manufacturer canceled orders. The ability for any manufacturer right now to predict product availability with certainty is extremely limited.

We call it the whipsaw effect in supply chain management. Manufacturer A says that they can get a specific qty of parts done by a specific time, Manufacturer B, the customer of that manufacturer A who is assembling the goods for the primary contractor raises their forecast to match, the primary contractor (Cat or Yamaha) does the same. Sales/marketing/communications in the company gets wind of this and raises their expectations (and everyone elses). Turns out Manufacturer A is wrong, parts don't come in, everyone downstream lowers their forecast for production, this flows back down the line to Manufacturer A who in turn lowers their forecast and the cycle repeats. Multiply this times the thousand parts that are required to build a sled and you have a nightmare. This is a very simplistic example that ignores shipping, processing, inspection, import, and a myriad of other details which are normally predictable and right now its just a guessing game. That's no excuse for how any company communicates to their customers but.. it is uncharted waters for many of them.

As far as the rest of the Yamaha stuff, was this through your dealer? If your dealer was encouraging you to go out and buy then you should be having a terse conversation with them. I doubt it was Yamaha except by indirect encouragement through optimistic delivery dates. If you bought all of this gear early enough on, you can probably recover your costs as prices are up across the board on everything.

I got an email from Yamaha saying due to the global pandemic order your accessories, I believe it was "before April 30 to guarantee availability" some stuff is Yamaha, most is aftermarket.
What exactly are you going to go to the media for? Poor customer communications? Not sure that is exactly newsworthy. All manufacturers across all industries are having problems getting product. In my world some devices we need are delayed up to a year from now. I have heard some folks waiting 8 months for trucks. Some electronic components simply are no longer being made as all the production lines turn to more critical components. This isn't a yamaha problem (or polaris which is worse right now) or cat, etc.. this is a worldwide problem with parts/labor/capacity/and process for how goods are typically made. Competition these days has forced everyone to move to just in time processes, which in their most basic terms act like a bucket brigade with each manufacturing stage handing off to the next 'just in time'. When we have core failures in the process, especially early in the process (labor shortages in mines, factories running with fewer workers, shipping that cannot get into port) the whole thing starts to break down quickly. The below chart tells the story, the one thing you are waiting for (manufacturing) has taken the single biggest covid induced impact.

View attachment 166013

I work in the mining/mfg, I know all about it.

A friend of mine just went through this with Ford, he ordered a base ish model truck, delay after delay. Months later his friend orders a platinum and gets it in 10-12 weeks or whatever it was. He called out ford Canada on twitter along the lines of "only customers that pay 80k matter?" He got his build date a day or to later and it was all fixed up I believe with an apology from Ford.

Locally we have a reporter who digs into customers issues. This isn't like "put my story on the news" if I wanted that I'd be spending my holidays camping infront of the dealership in an empty sled trailer lmfao. I just want answers.

Jan 17th ish my sled was "to be in by the end of the month" to me that means it's been built and in a crate somewhere. So either there's a delay (just tell me?) They lied, or it was redirected elsewhere for whatever reason. Why I'm so angry is just push it out 2 weeks to a month back over and over. Basically I feel like I've been getting lied to since September.

Now I'm stuck with very few options for long track sleds to buy and most are beat up junk. So I'm about to miss another trip and sit at home twiddling my thumbs for 2 weeks of vacation.

What is Jared's username on here? I feel like these issues just don't make it beyond the local reps...

Maybe ask Jaret from Yamaha, he posts on here from time to time with always such great news from Yamaha, Call him out!! maybe he can give you a explanation, I'm sure your not the only one that's in this situation, hopefully you just gave Yamaha a deposit and not give them the full amount, and I'm sure Yamaha took your money with a big smile and a promise, all your asking is for Yamaha to be up front with you, and not keep leading you on, sorry to hear this, hope it works out for you.

That's what I think I'm gunna do, what's his username?

They only got my deposit, but thousands in accessories means I don't want that back anyway. Unless they want to buy all that stuff to lol

I was clear with my dealer in the fall, if it's not going to be by Christmas tell me now (trip #1 missed) I got oh it'll be in forsure.

They should have just been honest, I didn't buy a sled back then because what Yamaha was telling me.

First World problems. We all have it.
We all can complain about what we don't have but are never thankful for what we do have.

Nah, if I wasn't lied to in the fall this wouldn't even be an issue.

Communication is key. Under promise and over deliver not string me along for 6 months when somebody up the chain knew this sled wouldn't be delivered until Feb? March? Not sure yet lol.

Honestly goes a long way with me, eg "ya, we aren't sure when your going to get it, likley February or March so make alternate plans." Not "2 more weeks, 2 more weeks"

I'm taking the sled regardless of when it shows and I've been very clear on that. I've spent way to much money already not to.

That's what I think I'm gunna do, what's his username?

They only got my deposit, but thousands in accessories means I don't want that back anyway. Unless they want to buy all that stuff to lol

I was clear with my dealer in the fall, if it's not going to be by Christmas tell me now (trip #1 missed) I got oh it'll be in forsure.

They should have just been honest, I didn't buy a sled back then because what Yamaha was telling me.
I have seen him post on TY, you may find him on TY Facebook, Jaret and Smallman are probably busy boarding up the windows at the Yamaha's R&D building.

The North American R and D facility was boarded up quite a while ago, yer gonna have to hit up Thief River Falls and check out what Cat is doing to gain any useful info for the time being. Other than starring in his own vlogs, JMS@Yamaha has been doing his best Polkeroo impression lately……..can’t say I blame him with the current state of the Snowmobile division.

I messaged Yamaha motor Canada on Facebook multiple times, being very nice to be honest. Just looking for info and the last time they replied was before Christmas. Do I need to show up at the office to talk to someone? Lmfao.

Back