• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to pick as first sled?

Warbird92

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha apex
I have snowmobile before but didn't do much trail riding just go to the cabin and back. I was wondering if I want to ride mainly trails but still be able to get to the cabin should we decide to go what type of used sled should I be looking at? I was thinking maybe a Viper but should I exclude an Apex ? I also didn't know if I should go with an LTX LE to get the better shocks or maybe an 137 XTX LE? Or should I just go with an XTX 141? I don't know if it's better to go with a couple or uncouple skid, I would like to ride 2 up sometimes with my wife so I would take any recommendation you guys have to offer.

What are the main issue with the viper, is it only mainly the brake side bearing and the freezing relays or is there other things to look out for like a buckling tunnel? I read the skis aren't great and should be changed or add snow trackers at least. When looking at sleds at how many miles is considered a lot of miles for a sled? I know the engines can go high mileage but I was wondering about all the rest.

i would say one of the stx models or a venture of some type. some of them had removable 2 up seat for soloing and will have enough punch for a boys ride.

I have snowmobile before but didn't do much trail riding just go to the cabin and back. I was wondering if I want to ride mainly trails but still be able to get to the cabin should we decide to go what type of used sled should I be looking at? I was thinking maybe a Viper but should I exclude an Apex ? I also didn't know if I should go with an LTX LE to get the better shocks or maybe an 137 XTX LE? Or should I just go with an XTX 141? I don't know if it's better to go with a couple or uncouple skid, I would like to ride 2 up sometimes with my wife so I would take any recommendation you guys have to offer.

What are the main issue with the viper, is it only mainly the brake side bearing and the freezing relays or is there other things to look out for like a buckling tunnel? I read the skis aren't great and should be changed or add snow trackers at least. When looking at sleds at how many miles is considered a lot of miles for a sled? I know the engines can go high mileage but I was wondering about all the rest.
What price range?

Back