• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What track do you have?

Not sure of the actual measurements, was thinking about 3". I can measure the extensions. Bought them from Hartman Inc. I went this route to avoid having to extend the tunnel and bumper.

xrrider said:
Not sure of the actual measurements, was thinking about 3". I can measure the extensions. Bought them from Hartman Inc. I went this route to avoid having to extend the tunnel and bumper.

That's exactly what I was thinking about avoiding the tunnel extention. I like this idea...

136 Phazer

Here's a pic of my wifes 08 GT. I have the Hartman 136" ext with my own custom tunnel ext with a 136 x 1.5 Predator track. She just loves it and that little sucker will take any pow you can throw at it! Oh you're going to want to extend the tunnel because you'll be taking the chance of tearing your track on the original tunnel. It's inexpensive and gives the machine a totally custom look.

Attachments

• D's ride 2.jpg
    D's ride 2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 111
Hay guys all are great ideas, and thanks alot.

I just did a little looking into the 128" rail kits, but Hartman doesnt cary them. i also called and they acted like i was out of my mind. Who else could have supplied them.

As far as the tunnel extensiuon on the 136" kit, for me that will not be a big deal at all. Where i work we have a water jet table, brake press, and a crap load of aluminum stock. Plus i enjoy tinkering.... after all what are we supposed to do to these sleds when there is no snow.

I been looking on Google that directed me to TY.
It says Track USA 128 extensions as well Ulmer.

I seen the 128 on some vectors and it looks like the same rails as the phazer. If you fell like making one it is 3.5 inches

Totalrecall said:

I just did a little looking into the 128" rail kits, but Hartman doesnt cary them. i also called and they acted like i was out of my mind. Who else could have supplied them.

As far as the tunnel extension on the 136" kit, for me that will not be a big deal at all. Where i work we have a water jet table, brake press, and a crap load of aluminum stock. Plus i enjoy tinkering.... after all what are we supposed to do to these sleds when there is no snow.

I put a 1.5 x 136 Intense on this winter. I love it, a completely new sled - but bear in mind we have no groomed trails, I was able to get to places trouble free that that were impossible with the stock track. I went with the OFT extension (kicked up) really like how the sled handles now. I did not have new hifax long enough to fit, so I took a new section and cut it and spliced it on (plus a new mounting screw) - it worked really well. About 500 miles and not much wear.

Only thing is my fuel mileage is stuck at 12 mpg. Not too far on a tank, get back after a ride on fumes. But well worth it overall - not going to look back at all.

I dont know who i talked to, i just asked about the kit, He didnt seem to know what i was talking about.

Wish i would have waited a little bit for the last post.
Tom called me back, and yes hes still does produce the 128.
But after we discussed the way my sled is handeling, and what im looking for....he recommended that i go with the 136" and a 1 1/4" Ripsaw lightly studded, he doesnt feel that i would notice much of a gain in the 128, but that is not his recomendation for all riders or all setups.

Thanks again for the help

Mr E said:
Totalrecall said:

As far as the tunnel extension on the 136" kit, for me that will not be a big deal at all. Where i work we have a water jet table, brake press, and a crap load of aluminum stock. Plus i enjoy tinkering.... after all what are we supposed to do to these sleds when there is no snow.

I put a 1.5 x 136 Intense on this winter. I love it, a completely new sled - but bear in mind we have no groomed trails, I was able to get to places trouble free that that were impossible with the stock track. I went with the OFT extension (kicked up) really like how the sled handles now. I did not have new hifax long enough to fit, so I took a new section and cut it and spliced it on (plus a new mounting screw) - it worked really well. About 500 miles and not much wear.

Only thing is my fuel mileage is stuck at 12 mpg. Not too far on a tank, get back after a ride on fumes. But well worth it overall - not going to look back at all.
12mpg?? I wouldnt think a 136 would drag down the mpg that much

07Nytro said:
Mr E said:
Totalrecall said:

12mpg?? I wouldnt think a 136 would drag down the mpg that much

Maybe its a combination of the 136 and having no groomed trails so he might be breaking trails a lot more then the rest of us. I think with the combination of riding powder all the time and the extra drag could bring it down.

It can be a combo of things. After I did the secondary and primary clutch mods my MPG got sucked down to 11 or so even on Groomed trails it was about 13.
Still its better then the Race Sled getting 6-7 MPG.

07Nytro said:
Maybe its a combination of the 136 and having no groomed trails so he might be breaking trails a lot more then the rest of us. I think with the combination of riding powder all the time and the extra drag could bring it down.

That was my thought, with this track I am out front alot, in 50 miles of riding we will be back on our own track only for about 30% of the time. I really checked closely for the last 5 tanks. Nearly exact each time. We have a short winter, but get lots of snow that is not real light.

Still the best move I made installing the track. Going to do the clutch cleanup this summer to see if it helps at all. I have been through it once (Ulmer kit) but not to the extent of polish that Cannondale posted.

Back