• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's everyone doing for mods over the summer??

Bahr05 said:
revster said:
Dropping an XTX skid in
XTX shoxs suped up, maybe Hygear
Either Ice Age rails or Star kit
New track either BC 1.75" or Challenger 2"
Cutting out running boards
BNG!

I'm dropping in the RTX skid, shortening my XTX back to a 121" track.
15x121x1" Hacksaw
Woodys studs (LOTS of them) length TBD at this time
Bushman spindle kit
Powdercoat a replaced spindle
Polish the tunnel

Finish restoring the 1979 Enticer 300.

:sled1:

Change of plans... With child support and buying a house, the only mods the Enticer and Nytro will see is dust that settles on them. :o|

revalve my axis, stock shock linkage (front shock ) star set up bottoms too much, innovate MTXL A/F gauge, and maybe wrp seat

I might do a 128" relocate....going to add a ski mounted ice scratcher and some type of mod on the light pod to let the hot air escape when stopped...also adding SLP flowrites where the tuning fork emblems are on the top shroud...still on the fence about trail tank.

newfie09xtx said:
Thinking about:
-Star Suspension kit
-Block off plate
-Seat Jack
-some powdercoating

Change of plans after I realized my Ripsaw was ripped thanks to ice buildup! (oh well this helped me convince the wife I needed a new track lol)
-1.75 backcountry (tunnel protectors removed)
-Somemore powdercoating
-Grizz Gusset kit
-CR10EK's
-Exhaust donuts
-Redo tunnel shine
-Replace damaged decals
-Since I cant find a headlight cover I am going to try a 50% tint on my headlight.

:sled1:

summer sled renos

2009 NYTRO XTX

Current set-up

motor completely stock, stock ripsaw track with 114 studs, stock ski with snowtrackers (semi) trailtank, yamaheaters with boost, copper donuts, OFT steering relocator, rebuilt front end (last year) Star linkage kit, fox float x evol front shocks, fox float center shock (to Star specs), Hygear torsion spring spacers, Excel over size wheel kit (8), 4 wheel axle kit (homemade)

Summer Mods

new sub-frame (gusseted), Skinz 42" front end, Mountain tech skid plate & vented dash, Timbersled mountain tamer kit with stock rails, float 2 center shock and float x evol rear shock, rad shim mod (homemade to help air flow with trailtank), re-build front shocks, re-polish tunnel AGAIN

Special Thanks to the following:

hibshman25 (used parts.....doubled the parts able to buy for the money)
Jason @ T.S. (parts & info)
Jon @ HG (info & setup)
Spence @ 2KP (parts)
Mountaintech (parts & info)
OFT (parts & info)
Robert @ Star (parts & infp)
AND ALL THE GUYS WHO POST ON HERE!!!

Lots of work for me this summer.

Maintenance :
- New brake pads
- New carbides
- New hyfax
- New belt
- Replace brake lever switch
- Oils

Mods :
- Paint the hood and gas tank cover black (plastidip!)
- Get my running boards and spindles powder coated black
- Custom made front bumper
- Mountaintech skid plate
- Install deflector plate to cure "wet left boot"
- Subframe reinforcement

Back