• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's the verdict on the single shot suspension

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
I have been scanning the posts here for the last two months, and have seen just a couple posts on how the single shot suspension is performing. So for all you who have the new suspension, how does it ride?, how do you like it?, how does it ride compared to the mono shock, or mega shock suspension? Inquiring minds want to know. Don't keep it a secret.

I was wondering the same thing. My dad is thinking about upgrading from a 2o11 xtx and I wanted some input as well before he pulls the trigger.

I find the rear suspension stiff. 250psi recommended for 200lb rider. ...im 215 and 250psi was way to stiff.

Not to much feedback, considering this sled in next year or so if yamaha doesn't comeout with new model.

I am happy with my xtx still playing with air pressure to get it dailed in and get the right ski rod set up for my liking I still have my 07 apex as well so I do so more comparing if we get some better trail conditions here

I can't comment on it but my riding buddy doesn't like it at all for trail riding, it's been beating him up...
My gt with ohlins rides way better than his in the trails...
The slingshot maybe a good suspension but they need to get that air shock n throw it as far as they can and go back to a quality coil over shock...
I put the air shock on my gt a few years ago and couldn't take it off fast enough...
I guess everyones riding style is different but for us here in Ontario the air shock is garbage...

I find the rear suspension stiff. 250psi recommended for 200lb rider. ...im 215 and 250psi was way to stiff.
Yes have to soften it up very hard maybe capable but I didn't have time to adjust. I too don't like air shocks coil over better for me.

I like the Singleshot, but it does require some adjustment to get it dialed in. I sent from 240 psi, to 200 psi to 185 psi. 185 is real close but I may even drop 10 more psi before next weekend. The recommended 250 psi would be WAY too stiff for almost anyone. I'm 270 pounds with gear.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I like the Singleshot, but it does require some adjustment to get it dialed in. I sent from 240 psi, to 200 psi to 185 psi. 185 is real close but I may even drop 10 more psi before next weekend. The recommended 250 psi would be WAY too stiff for almost anyone. I'm 270 pounds with gear.

I was on mile 1 on XTX demo no idea how many psi in shock but felt like way tooooooooo much. I go 220 maybe a little less geared looked for 3 position clicker I though was there..it is not only on Vipers. Stood there looking & wondering then thought maybe next time I'll ask for handpump next time see what can be done?...dealer was very busy but took the time to throw me the keys & I had over 125 miles to ride home. Bottom line, imo, a learning curve to best air shock setting not a bad thing just need time & air pump no other way.

I was on mile 1 on XTX demo no idea how many psi in shock but felt like way tooooooooo much. I go 220 maybe a little less geared looked for 3 position clicker I though was there..it is not only on Vipers. Stood there looking & wondering then thought maybe next time I'll ask for handpump next time see what can be done?...dealer was very busy but took the time to throw me the keys & I had over 125 miles to ride home. Bottom line, imo, a learning curve to best air shock setting not a bad thing just need time & air pump no other way.
You summed it up perfectly. Just takes some patience and testing. I think riders will be happy if they take time for set up. Taking the air pump with you is a good call.

Sounds promising for us more portly fellows. When the lightweights complain its to stiff means it might be just right. I will add though the XTX is supposed to be made for rough trail and I know my XTX was happier the harder you pounded it.

Sounds promising for us more portly fellows. When the lightweights complain its to stiff means it might be just right. I will add though the XTX is supposed to be made for rough trail and I know my XTX was happier the harder you pounded it.
Well put Sasquatch!

Back