• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's your favorite stretch of trail?

yamadoo said:
North shore trail, going NE out of Duluth, MN, after the PIT, ie resevoir rider trail intersection with the North shore -there is a section we call the 'DROP" zone as the hills or rises you crest are followed by blind DROPS with enough length to land on the down hill slope after scary amounts of 'air time'.

Yamadoo

Agreed, the North Shore State Trail (recently renamed the CJ Ramstad North Shore State Trail) between the Reservoir Riders and the Pequaywan trail intersections is a riot! I enjoy the Pequaywan trail as well with it's mix of tight twisties and straightaways.

Me either.

mouais.gif

Paraclete said:
Yes but where is it?
I can't reveal the exact location but its just minutes outside Corner Brook, Newfoundland. There is a groomed trail system here but why would you want to ride trails when there are countless miles of terrain like this? This is the reason a lighter, agile, more powerful machine is more important to me than engine longevity and fit&finish/BNG. I'd rather have to rebuild an engine every 10,000km than wrestle a silverback gorilla all day long.

Favorite trail

Maine- ITS 88 heading north east/west up and over the hills through the pole line!
UP of Mich (X2) on the 107 out of Watersmeet and the table top trail in the Ottawa nation forest ( PIC) nice big twisties!
Flat out speed run Chesuncook lake 26miles long Maine spring time conditions

Attachments

• trail1.jpg
    trail1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 106
Figured it was time to renew this thread. Always fun to hear of new stretches of trail that get rave reviews. So lets hear em. Where would you like to be riding right now?

I have 3 favorites, but if my life was on the line they would be in this order:
1) Snow gauge trail in da yoop
2) Eagles loop in da yoop
3) Freda loop in da yoop
Note: great bars at the end of the top 2 loops!!

X2 ecopter - another favorite would be from Hornepayne to Dubreuilville. BTW on another note the best burger I have ever had was at the reteraunt in Hornepayne across from the esso station on beaker rd.

Spearfish Canyon SD and Traill 8 after Gm cutoff Yooper were the belts are hanging from the trees. :jump:
And any trail that leads to this place , guess were?

Attachments

• sr_d720345513d9e4_jpg_cf.jpg
    sr_d720345513d9e4_jpg_cf.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 93
  • sr_6cb6237ea55c50_jpg_cf.jpg
    sr_6cb6237ea55c50_jpg_cf.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 94
2 trails that no longer are used . . .

Old Hilltop trail out of Wawa, ON, and the unbroken trail from Hornepayne, ON to Manitouwadge ON.

Both of these trails will test your skills, and with new powder - your mettle.

The Missinabe ON, to Dalton ON trail is cool also.

The Dubre - Hornepayne trail mentioned above is one of the fastest trails I have ever seen and it has very large rollers that can be flown (dangerous but way fun) easiest place to get in 400 miles in one day - just run it twice.

Maine- ITS 88 heading north east/west up and over the hills through the pole line from Ashland!
Trail "B" from Matagamin store toward osford( watch out for moose)
Pittston farm to northeast carry
RT 66 rockland
Flat out speed run Chesuncook lake 26miles long Maine spring time conditions!

UP of Mich (X2) on the 107 out of Watersmeet and the table top trail in the Ottawa nation forest :-o
nice big twisties

The trail between two Finger Lakes - Otisco Lake and Skaneateles Lake, NY. Great scenery and terrain, natural riding as no one seems to groom it, but since lightly used that's not a problem, plenty of areas to open her up.

Back