• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where can you find oem style electrical connectors and pins?

Hey Dude, Wow, big list!

Ok, used parts: Suggest Travis at Barn of Parts, a vender here. Also Jim at Spa City Sled parts.
Both are great guys & have about everything you need.

Shocks: Have 2 guys (Both friends, both named Steve, and both do well! lol. Cannondale a vender here on TY.
Also my friend Steve does them also. Have to PM me for his number.

Overall, suggest focusing on one or 2 things first, then go on to the next thing as you fix them.
Focus on safety & getting it running first, so the Fuel Pump should be high priority.

On the Fuel Pump:
As you probably know, it should run for just a few seconds when you first turn the key on.
Does your dash go through the self test when first turned on?
Have you checked every fuse in the fuse box?
May want to test each one for continuity.

Are there any other electrical gremlins that you know of?
There may be, however you may not know that without it running also.
They have enough time on them, you may have an issue with the ground blocks.
Look up "Ground Blocks" on this site. (TY)

I can also help troubleshoot on the phone to help nail it down quickly. (Have to PM me for the number)
However, perform tests above first.

RockMeister
Right on! Thanks for the feedback!
Regarding the fuel pump, here's a little more context:
I have two '07 Phazers--currently one runs, and one doesn't. It first stopped running after unloading from my trailer at the trailhead (physical jarring of a bad connector?). Found corrosion on the unsealed connector immediately below ignition switch, and cut that out/directly wired with butt connectors. Nada. Loaded by hand back onto trailer and hauled it home where I've been troubleshooting in the driveway since. Display lights up, starter turns over, but no fuel pump. At first I misdiagnosed that the fuel pump was bad, ordered a new one, drained tank and replaced, and same problem...(live and learn), but then swapped it with the fuel pump on my running sled and realized that wasn't the issue. Both fuel pumps work on the good sled. I swapped out the first wiring harness lead from fuel pump to next connector with harness from other sled (also checked that for continuity) and that's not it. It's something electrical, could be a bad/corroded connection. When I turn key to first step, display comes on and everything looks normal (for a while I had a code 81 flashing, but more on that below). I went through most of the connections, checked fuses with my multimeter, pulled relays/swapped them, didn't get any change. Connections I pulled them all apart, added a little dielectric grease, put them back together, etc. Then at some point after 30 minutes of all of the above, turned key and heard fuel pump wirrr! Problem is I didn't know what the culprit was! Regardless I was all smiles, checked that key turn probably a dozen times while I put the sled back together and heard fuel pump each time, great! Then added fuel back into the tank, and then when I went to start it was about to turn over, and fuel pump quit again. I then direct jumped the fuel pump from battery to the prongs with harness unclipped, and started the machine and ran it for ~5 minutes or until it dropped to low idle. That seemed to at least clear the code 81 warning, but fuel pump hasn't ran since. Guessing there's a bad connector that I haven't found which must be corroded just enough to connect, or maybe there's one loose and not connecting the prongs inside the connector. I saw somewhere that people replaced the fuel pump relay with a solid state relay? But it seems like the relay is fine--not 100% sure how to test that, but I swapped it with another relay and same result.
Ok sorry for all that long gibberish, but happy to hear your thoughts or connect by phone. Thanks!!

Howdy! Looks like your reply was blank/empty.

You are on the right troubleshooting path by swapping parts, just do it PRIOR to buying parts... lol
Believe the problem you have, you won't find by swapping parts though.

Doubtful you have a relay issue, however, we can find out for sure.
Would not suggest cutting connectors, or anything apart just yet. (Don't be getting too crazy just yet! lol)

I'm thinking more in the direction of ground blocks. The code 81 appearing & disappearing says a bunch.
Also, you had corrosion in an open connector, those usually corrode well AFTER the ground blocks.
We can test for that.
Mainly starting at testing for power AND ground at the fuel pump.

Do you have a 12v light bulb tester?
I know they sound archaic, however, they are extremely helpful to find this kind of problem.
They are stupid fast, with little thinking required.
If you don't have one, Harbor Freight sells a good one. Suggest you get it.

Will PM you my number, we can troubleshoot it over the phone & find exactly what is going on.

When we are done, will post what, & how we found it, here so others here can use the information..

RockMeister

Back