• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which backpacks were the deemed the best for riding?

Frostbite

TY 4 Stroke God
I seem to remember a post dedicated to which backpacks were best for carrying your riding gear back in B.C (Before Crash) of the server. I failed to print that particular post before the board crashed.
Could you backpack savy folks please post a link for those of us who are still in the market for a place to carry our jamies on a Stanely trip or other items needed on the trail. I guess my acid test for a back pack would include:
1. Large enough to carry the items needed for an over night trip plus a change of clothes.
2. It needs to have a semi-large hydration bladder that doesn't share the same compartment as the overnight items (in case of leaks).
3. If it had a Gortex liner (or some imitation) to make sure my jamies and change of clothes are dry when I attempt to jump into them; that would be great too.
4. It's got to be Yamaha blue (or black) to match my sled and gear. You'll notice I listed black as an alternative to blue. I do exhibit tendencies toward the DARK SIDE :) once in a while. Powder Blue

This is the one that J and I went with:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/fulfillment ... snob1.html

I love it. Lot's of water and enough room for survival gear and some jammies, but not a lot more. Not to big not to small.

It's construction seems rugged yet it is pretty light in the overall weight area.

To save room you could sleep n your birthday suit................ as long as you're NOT my roomy.

Yes, this is the best backpack. I did not get to us mine much, but it feels very nice, hold a alot of H2O, and is light. (unless you put a bunch of clutch stuff in it HA!HA!) It conforms around your back perfectly making it much less bulky than a regular pack. Just my $.02. And definitely go with this site. Spray knows where to find the cheapest stuff on the internet.

Man are you psychic or what? Good guess! Now about getting that black slug of yours scheduled for it's "Blueing" appointment?
Thnaks for inviting us to your party yesterday. We all had a great time. Powder Blue
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue

I think you get the point :) Powder Blue

Powder Blue said:
Thanks guys, the link you've posted looks like a nice pack. In fact, I tried it on at "J" birthday party today. VERY NICE! One other thing has to be considered in the choice of such an item though. Check out this link to determine what that other item may be: Powder Blue

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/fulfillment ... evbac.html
nice color exept the blue part 8) but more important this company does not give away money to tree huggers like the camelback people do :evil: i actually read somewhere that the company was started only to raise money for the greeneies you know the ones who says you cant ride your sled,boat,mx bike and all the other fun stuff nuff said

RX-1 mountain boy, do you have more than your share of tree huggers in Scandanavia too? I thought we had them all here :)
Yes, the color is important but so is keeping the forests and mountains open so we can do our thing. Take it easy. Powder Blue

u bet we have our share we arent actually alowed to ride snowmobiles i am actually breaking the law each time i go out snowmobiling :evil:
not quite true but almost, it makes you lose respect for the lawmakers in this country :evil: :evil:

RX-1 mountain boy, you law breaking son of a gun :) Good for you! I guess all of the renegades from the "old country" didn't move over here yet. It's nice to see you guys are fighting back too.
Do they smile at you more if you are riding a four stroke?
Do you use a backpack? Powder Blue

Powder Blue said:
RX-1 mountain boy, you law breaking son of a gun :) Good for you! I guess all of the renegades from the "old country" didn't move over here yet. It's nice to see you guys are fighting back too.
Do they smile at you more if you are riding a four stroke?
Do you use a backpack? Powder Blue
Do they smile at you more if you are riding a four stroke? i think so
Do you use a backpack? yes allways never leave home without it 8)
i carry a saw, showel, dry underwear, cellphone, signal flares and some matches along with some tools
btw if you were to move to the US. were would u like to live?? we are talking best snowmobiling and not some lame trailriding but real mountain riding in the deep and the steep

I use a BCA pack with the built in hydration system.

RX-1 Mountain Boy said: btw if you were to move to the US. were would like to live?? we are talking best snowmobiling and not some lame trailriding but real mountain riding in the deep and the steep.

Like Spray said... but Montana first. I will be riding Wednesday near Cooke City to get at least one last ride in. Elevation is 10,980 feet above see level and lots of snow left.

Will post some pics wednesday night or thursday.

Are there any new backpacks out that may fill the bill better than what was available when this post was done. It's on my short list of things to buy and I'd hate to hear "Man, that was the backpack to have until they came out with the "Powerbound" back pack last month :cry: Powder Blue

Back