• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

which oil filter?

snowrdr

Veteran
i know this has been covered but i can't find it doing a search. what other brands of filters will fit my '06 nytro?

snowrdr said:
i know this has been covered but i can't find it doing a search. what other brands of filters will fit my '06 nytro?

Post this question in the Nytro section above, should get tons of answers.

sick of paying out the nose for something like a filter because it says yamaha on it. just want to see what other options i have.

I dont know the specifics but make sure the filter is not longer. There was a post a while ago about longer filters getting punctured if the rider hit something hard. Something about a sharp edge of the frame getting pushed into the side of the filter.

Like Pat said, plus it has been my experience that if you buy from the dealer they are more likely to help you out if you need a fast fix in the future since they realize you have been buying from them.

LOL coming from Yamaha! Do you think they would suggest a competitors filter? Like I said most dealers around here sell off brand filters and dont carry OEM. I really dont care about the prices as buying a filter once or twice a year wont make a difference as long as it is not a Fram. There junk!

Pure one for me no problems and I would have no problem running the Wal mart super tech as well. They are a well built filter way better than Fram is junk dont use Fram for anything.

bottlerocket said:
Hiflo are 7.00 bucks at the dealers around here.

Great filters imo and they "MAKE" lots of filters for other Manu's, maybe even Yamaha but are less than half the price.

Like I said before, Yamaha loves guys who purchase their overpriced and over hyped filters and oils, they make a killing from you guys.

Not the study I was looking for but this one has been updated they say?
A few extra links within it as well.
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

i'm thinking,we all praise yamaha for there kick #*$&@ engines but those same engine designers who also make the filters must know what they are doing and be ahead of the aftermarket companies,i know they are more money but its peace of mine for me,on my phazer,i changed the oil filter twice in 21000 km,that's 2 filters in 5 seasons,i think i can afford the yammi filter

Back