• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is able to rebuild ohlins shock nowadays?

bougon_Apex

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Apex LTX GT - 40th Anniversary
Hey guys,

I started to play with my front ohlins shocks and one side for the rebound damping knob Ive got random clicks its not always working. Anyways its look lime by previous post that they need some rebuilding at this stage. Does anyone do it nowadays? In Canada?

How much I am looking to spent?

Dean
Peak Velocity
Claremont, Ontario
905-649-8214

John
Accelerated
Buckhorn, ON
705-657-9490

Dean is cheaper and does great work.

X 2 for Dean @ Peak Velocity if you’re in Canada. He works on a large number of Ohlins for bikes and still the odd set for sleds too.

Cannondale is a moderator here on TY does shock work off season. Great guy and does awesome work on the shocks I have sent him, I am almost positive he works on Ohlins too.

cannondale gets my work when i can get them to him economicly . he repaired/rebuilt a set of sx viper olin's that the front shock came apart, broke the spring, screwed the eye and mangled the shaft. took him 6 months to get all the parts together to finally assemble it but he kept me in the loop on what he was waiting on and where it was coming from.

Unfortunately getting something like shocks to the states is prohibitively expensive these days unless you are driving down. Otherwise Cannondale would get my work too!

Update: Standard suspension is the same province as me (Quebec) and they said they can rebuild them 150$ each if they are "damaged as normal as usual"

Back