• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is Happy with their Nytro???? Tell me!

Typical jds1000 response.. ;):D ..I and many others have 08 Nytros and have had little to NO issues with handling, over heating or anything else...just because one guy says it's junk doesn't mean it is ( no offence to Turk ) but that's just his opinion...not gossple. Every sled requires set up...I've had to do practically nothing to my RTX other than set the floats, the toe in on the skis and the preload on the front skid shock...this year I might pull the limiter, but over all I'm very happy with this sled! I spent 3 seasons on an 06 F7 of which the first 2 I hated...that sled required way more set up than my Nytro and you had to ride it completely different from other sleds...it's just a matter of figuring out the sled.

Could be luck of the draw?
My 06 Attak had a lot of issues including overheating & my 07 attak had zero issues & was actually a fair bit quicker/faster. Hey JDS; nice to see your still posting. I am Just giving my input as I have owned allmost every sled yamaha has made since 1997 except a phazer but i am shopping for one now.

Turk said:
Could be luck of the draw?
My 06 Attak had a lot of issues including overheating & my 07 attak had zero issues & was actually a fair bit quicker/faster. Hey JDS; nice to see your still posting. I am Just giving my input as I have owned allmost every sled yamaha has made since 1997 except a phazer but i am shopping for one now.

Thanks Turk! You know I have to stick my nose in every now and then to keep you on your toes. I've been very busy this Summer golfing, working and getting ready for my Sons wedding.(this Friday) I'm hoping to post more of my great responses come this Fall but for right now I'll just check in once in awhile. ;)!

shaddow44 said:
Typical jds1000 response.. ;):D ..I and many others have 08 Nytros and have had little to NO issues with handling, over heating or anything else...just because one guy says it's junk doesn't mean it is ( no offence to Turk ) but that's just his opinion...not gossple. Every sled requires set up...I've had to do practically nothing to my RTX other than set the floats, the toe in on the skis and the preload on the front skid shock...this year I might pull the limiter, but over all I'm very happy with this sled! I spent 3 seasons on an 06 F7 of which the first 2 I hated...that sled required way more set up than my Nytro and you had to ride it completely different from other sleds...it's just a matter of figuring out the sled.

Hey shaddow I was being sarcastic with my response. My wife's Nytro now has 4 thousand miles on it with very few issues and no overheating. The upper and lower ball joints have been replaced along with the exhaust donuts. These are things that all the Nytro owners will have to deal with including those with 09-2011 Nytros. My Wife will be riding a 2011 1200 this year but her Nytro will still be in the garage just in case she misses it.

I really like mine! At first I wasn't sure, since it was so different from my previous sleds. After about the 5th ride, something clicked and I felt a lot more comfortable on it.

I have done a fair amount of mods to my XTX, but to me thats all part of the fun of owning sleds. To see how well I can make it perform. I have modified almost every sled that I have ever owned.

I'll probably hang on to this one for at least another 5 years. :4STroke:

Mtnviper said:
You put so much money into it, you are going to have to!!

ha ha... Oh crap, I think I have put it more... :o| ha ha

ruffryder said:
Mtnviper said:
You put so much money into it, you are going to have to!!

ha ha... Oh crap, I think I have put it more... :o| ha ha

LOL! Hmm, maybe THATs why I keep'em for so long!!!
And all this time I've been telling myself, "I know that I'll have this sled for a few more years, so it's ok to spend the money for mods"!

Back