• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WI residents have to pay for WI trail pass now!!!

I know this is about WI and Sled stickers but I'm just shocked that nobody has pointed out that here in Mi they just added an ORV Trail+ sticker for ATVs. We now have to have the ORV sticker $26 and separate ORV Trail sticker$10. why not combine this into 1 sticker? I get what you are saying but here in MI we are used to having Reg stickers on the sides of the sleds and the trail pass around the windshield.

I just wish that stickers could be somewhat the same size in most states so manufactures could leave a blank space on the panels for the stickers to easily stick unlike using 3m spray adhesive every year to re stick my registration sticker on the side panels as they come off because of all the bends and rough plastic.

I know this is about WI and Sled stickers but I'm just shocked that nobody has pointed out that here in Mi they just added an ORV Trail+ sticker for ATVs. We now have to have the ORV sticker $26 and separate ORV Trail sticker$10. why not combine this into 1 sticker? I get what you are saying but here in MI we are used to having Reg stickers on the sides of the sleds and the trail pass around the windshield.

I just wish that stickers could be somewhat the same size in most states so manufactures could leave a blank space on the panels for the stickers to easily stick unlike using 3m spray adhesive every year to re stick my registration sticker on the side panels as they come off because of all the bends and rough plastic.
For registration stickers, why not make an aluminum plate and rivet it to the side panels. That way, the stickers don't come off. The aluminum can be easily bent to conform the shape of the side panels. I'd did this on all my older sleds (SX and SXR) and also on my Phazer.

I am 100% in favor of suporting the local trails and state wide and when I go to a new state I go to the first spot I can get to and purchase a pass to suport them as well. as for the poloticians they can suck it. from what i see with my local responses that the clubs get 5 bucks from a $20 membership and the other 15 is what it costs for the awsc membership now I have no clue who they are or what they do good or bad for the sport but seems like this is all for their favor. prior to this trail pass business I barely even heard of them. are they just a bunch of politicians too or do they help do good for the sport? seems like they collect a whole lot of money all over that could be kept in the clubs but like i say I dont know much about them. as far as registration if you own a farm you get farm registration at a very low rate as you need to reg a lot of equipment and such and if you plan on only useing on private land my parents paid $25 one time fee for there atv for life. I dont like the extra sticker and if it is for the clubs then they had better be getting the lions share of it.I think we have had it cheap for years here in WI.I just dont want it to be a way for some political group to grow larger and our trails dont get better.

I don't know what to think either about AWSC?? Some think CapStep is a method to make AWSC full time paying jobs. AWSC website is prety darn sparse regarding their activities.

For registration stickers, why not make an aluminum plate and rivet it to the side panels. That way, the stickers don't come off. The aluminum can be easily bent to conform the shape of the side panels. I'd did this on all my older sleds (SX and SXR) and also on my Phazer.

Make one very easy

Attachments

• 0802150835.jpg
    0802150835.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 69
I don't know what to think either about AWSC?? Some think CapStep is a method to make AWSC full time paying jobs. AWSC website is prety darn sparse regarding their activities.

I belong to a local club Kettle Range Snowriders. The club belongs to the Manitowoc Snowmobile Alliance which consists of 5 area clubs. The alliance has two representatives that attend AWSC meetings and conventions. They are elected. These guys make sure things get done at the State Level. What does AWSC do? I know for a fact that not one cent of $ has been taken out of the State Snowmobile funds including registration and gas tax. Ever. The ATV funding has been robbed almost yearly. So that is one thing. They also provide accidental death insurance for all club members. They with support from the clubs got cap step passed after many years and variations. They let the politicians know that we snowmobilers exist and yes they lobby for us. Those wondering should join a club and also attend a alliance meeting. I know our reps give a report on what is going on at state level every meeting as does the magazine you will receive when a member. It takes time to attend meetings but you will meet great hardworking people many you all probably know already or will. Become friends and try to make the work fun.

I am so tired of you clowns telling people to join a club (if you don't like the fee)!!!!!!!! I have been a member of many clubs (note multiple)...I have brushed trails, marked lakes, helped out during fund raisers and poker runs over the last 25 years...I have done more than my fair share!!!! .This state trail pass CHAPS MY #*$&@!!! Because these crooked politicians misappropriate sled registration funds or use that on things other than snowmobile trail maintenance....I should pay more??? AND ON A YEARLY BASIS?? I CALL BULLSHIT!!!! This is what our state registration fee was supposed to be used for!! Why don't they start making those bicycle people register their bikes?? If you want to charge me 25 dollars more for every two years on my registration...fine...do it...but don't tell me I need to pay an extra $35 dollars a year for a trail pass!!! (or that I have to join a club to get the discount)...I know the local politician that pushed this through, and trust me...I'd like to kick her squarely in the #*$&@!!!...This is wrong on so many levels....think about....they spend our registration money on everything BUT funding snowmobile trails....AND THEN MAKE US PAY MORE....Does that make sense to you??

Yeah nice option...I am going to pay for one...but it doesn't mean I have to like it...IMO....this is nothing more than a awsc/dnr scam.

Maybe some of you that don't know what the AWSC is join a damn club and find out.

Or you could just explain what it is.
Theres people reading this that dont live or ride in that area (me) that take an interest in all areas of snowmobiling.

Thanks for the help

Back