• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Winter Storm

Sasquatch

Lifetime Member
Website
www.dptc.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha's
Stuck in Thunder Bay! Highway closed from Manitoba border to Ignace Ontario! Tried to make it through but they closed the road, truth to tell the conditions where insane. I'm kinda happy in way. I drove out 40 miles then back to T Bay and got a room.

Hope to get out of here tomorrow if they get the mess cleared up so I can leave here. Pouring rain that froze as soon as it hit the ground in T Bay so the roads are all ice! Then when I do get home I will have to plow out all the driveways takes about 3 to 4 hours so no riding tomorrow!

Going to be interesting because it looks like a total of 39cm of snow or about 15 to 16 inches of snow with 40km gusting to 60km or 25mph winds gusting to 40mph.

Hope I can get down my road as the drifts will be probably 5 feet deep across the road. Nuts all I want to do is go sledding. But starting Wed above freezing temps hitting 9C on Sunday. Going to be wet sticky sledding. OK I take it!

Wow now they are up to 50cm predicted for this storm! I don't think i will ever make it home! Roads closed from Tbay to the Manitoba Border!

So if the snow was waist deep when I got stuck last week that will make it up to my armpits!

Sasquatch said:
Wow now they are up to 50cm predicted for this storm! I don't think i will ever make it home! Roads closed from Tbay to the Manitoba Border!

So if the snow was waist deep when I got stuck last week that will make it up to my armpits!

Highways are closed here as well and I was out on them recently.

I saw this on my FB page today.....a snapshot from Thief River Falls.

We got lucky and got just wind and a dusting in the Mpls. area but now we are slated to a get a big one Thursday and Friday this week. Most of our snow was gone but you just knew we'd get one of these. They are talking up to a foot of new snow...... :o|

Attachments

• 10177488_10200880257287437_1240009263_n.jpg
    10177488_10200880257287437_1240009263_n.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 145
journeyman said:

We got lucky and got just wind and a dusting in the Mpls. area but now we are slated to a get a big one Thursday and Friday this week. Most of our snow was gone but you just knew we'd get one of these. They are talking up to a foot of new snow...... :o|
Your a snowmobiler and dont want anymore snow.???? lol

winter storm march 31, 2014

i took this after i was done digging out yesterday, and we never lost much of our
snow up here yet this spring and i am running out of places to put it :)

Attachments

• 2014-04-01_18-25-05_856-1.jpg
    2014-04-01_18-25-05_856-1.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 89
This has to be the last storm as I don't have anywhere to push the snow to! Snow was only a foot deep I guess drifted much deeper in spots. Most snow all at once this year.

Anyway going for a 270 mile day ride on thursday and then it looks like the temps are going to ruin it all.

Attachments

• Snow storm1.JPG
    Snow storm1.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 95
  • Snow storm2.JPG
    Snow storm2.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Snow storm3.JPG
    Snow storm3.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 90
Charlie I am looking at all brown grass down here in southern MN.

You know there will be allot of guys disapointed to see that picrure of you, they all think you look like that goofy 'unmissable' AVATAR you've had for years

You look like youve trimmed down. Trying to protect those knees?

Take care bud missed riding with you Canadians this year.

Mark

rough rider said:
journeyman said:

Your a snowmobiler and dont want anymore snow.???? lol

Trouble is, the base melted in most places, so a foot on top of no base, or flooded ditches could be a mess. That and the fact that grant-in-aid trails closed this week.

"Ironic don't you think... It's a free ride, when your already late, it's good advice, that you just can't take."

Sasquatch said:

YIKES!!!! Up to your armpits, that's probably 2 feet over my head!!!!!! :drink:

hlmrx1 said:
Sasquatch said:

DON...Comon......EVERYTHING is 2 Feet OVER YOUR HEAD :jump:

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
hlmrx1 said:
Sasquatch said:

DON...Comon......EVERYTHING is 2 Feet OVER YOUR HEAD :jump:

LOL ! ;)! :-o

Well my Friday ride was a boom and bust. Nice day for a ride but the trails sucked. No more grooming so the trails are toast with a foot to foot and a half of fresh snow with way to much drifting. Great till ya track it up and then it sets and is rock hard and rough. Not to mention the roads are all gravel now and the goomed trails alongside the roads are filled in by the graders so you are stuck riding two miles of gravel in places. Did that last year and had my fill of it! Groomer could have fixed it but!

Worst year for trails in my area ever. Poorest grooming ever! Some of it is because of all the snow but a big part is club politics! I'm very disappointed. I miss Manitoba where trails get groomed once a week not when the groomer operator feels like it!

Back