• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wont stay running

slalomguy

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RX-1 Mtn 162, 2002 Viper 144 M-10 custom Build, 2007 Phazer Mtn Lite 151,2000 SX-R 2up conversion, 2000 V-Max 600 Dlx, 1996 V-Max 600, 1989 Ovation 340,
I have an 07 gt that was flipped end over end at a good speed the end of last season. The throttle was stuck open and running for a bit until we shut it off. sled would not restart so we towed it. Now we can get it to start but it dies after 30 seconds or so. i get no codes but the oil icon is on but oil level is good. Thanks guys

sounds like it lost its prime for the oil pump. if memory serves, there is an oil line to the air box you need to remove to get it to prime up faster. mountain guys need to do this all the time.

Thank you. I will try that

I once lost pump prime on my MP while doing an oil change ... don't know why. I used compressed air to gently pressurize the oil tank to speed up the re-prime. The caveat is to be very, very gentle.

I have tried that and also a vacuum from my boat oil change suction canister with no luck. When it is running there is a lot of pressure from the hose going to the air box. Not sure if that is normal. maybe something is broken inside of the oil canister

i have seen them take 3-4 tries before they re prime when flipped on the right side.

Back