• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you guys go for this deal?

rbig18

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper ltx se
Knowing what you know about the Viper would you buy a leftover 14 ltx for $7500? I know there are a lot of issues I would need the dealer to take care of before pickup but I can't ride the old Attak any longer, even though it gave me 11,800 flawless miles and the motor still makes me moist.

Thanks

Knowing what you know about the Viper would you buy a leftover 14 ltx for $7500? I know there are a lot of issues I would need the dealer to take care of before pickup but I can't ride the old Attak any longer, even though it gave me 11,800 flawless miles and the motor still makes me moist.

Thanks

I would say no and keep looking in December i brought 2016 ltx dx 7995 brand new so keep looking.

Don't let what you read on here scare you. There is not that many issues with the 2014. Get it flashed for the start, set your Chain properly and ride the piss out of it. Mine just turned 8k

chuck, where did you get a 2016 for $7995?

Don't let what you read on here scare you. There is not that many issues with the 2014. Get it flashed for the start, set your Chain properly and ride the piss out of it. Mine just turned 8k

chuck, where did you get a 2016 for $7995?

Mass belierica motorsports

Thanks

Read the last 6 words you wrote. Think about it for a while.
I felt the exact same way as you.
My apex was breaking my back, i could no longer ride it, but i am completely addicted to the motor in that sled.
I bought a viper, thinking i could handle the drop in power. I cant, its killing me.
While the viper (once set up properly) is a fantastic trail sled.
I can assure you. No matter how cheap the cost, you are going to be disappointed in the drop in power between the 2 sleds.
If you honestly believe you can get past that power loss. Then you will be getting a great deal on that sled. The ride is soooooo much better than what you are on now.
Good luck

I've thought about it too. Good second sled.

Try Heinen's Motorsports in Osseo MN. Just bought a left over 2014 for $6500.

I would be keeping the Attak and on days the trails are smooth I can take it out and enjoy the motor. It is honestly hands down the best(Sidewinder aside). I just find myself looking for a better trail machine many times. I have maintained it very well and I bet it will run another 12k.

I would say no and keep looking in December i brought 2016 ltx dx 7995 brand new so keep looking.
There's a few members on this site that insisted that there were no deals in the north-east USA on Vipers.

I just bought 2 Vipers from Larsens Cycle in Cambridge, MN.
A '15 XTX-SE 141" well under $8k &
A '16 STX-DX 146" under $9k both shipped to NY. Shopped many online dealers who couldn't compare or if close had a silly $250-300 "paperwork" fee. I got a 1 year newer sled because of that fee for $200 more and better deal buying 2 at same time.
There are still great deals out there. Warrantees will fix any issues. As for the power difference I've never ridden an Apex. Curious though. These are my first Yamahas! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
I came off a Skidoo 800r 2009 for a 2014 viper ltx. While i miss the top end of the 800 skidoo I do not miss adding oil and running premium fuel. the low end and midrange power is on par with a 800 2 stroke but top end is soft. It really depends on how and where you ride. Its a fantastic trail sled that will need about 600.00 investment to make it run and handle great. clutch work, skis or snowtrackers,cat torsion springs, and front shock spring and proper set up and you will have a reliable trail ripping beast for a lot less money than an apex or sidewinder. just make sure your dealer does all the recalls and updates. reflash,fuel,fire problem, and reverse problem fix and enjoy many worry free miles.

Last edited:
The Viper is a good sled. It is advertised as a 600 class sled and is all of that. With break in and some money invested it is more than that. Can I beat 800 class sleds on top end, no. Can I keep up with them on the trails, yes.

I would be keeping the Attak and on days the trails are smooth I can take it out and enjoy the motor. It is honestly hands down the best(Sidewinder aside). I just find myself looking for a better trail machine many times. I have maintained it very well and I bet it will run another 12k.

if that's your plan, then you should be fine.

that was a super deal at 7995 for that sled in Mass.I called around and couldn't come close to that on a leftover now. Maybe less around now . I did just get what I feel is a very fair deal on a leftover 16 RTX SE $4k off. which is less then the going rate around here on Craigs List for that sled used

Back