• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Xs belt life, when to change.

stgdz

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
19 tcat, 15 4000 RR, 13 800 RR
Replaced my cat belt with an ultimax xs belt at the begining of the season.

Sitting at about 2k miles now with it. When do you guys change them out? Is it once a season like oil changes. Measurement below and everything looks fine around the cords. Probably two thirds of those miles were a 240 tune

Attachments

• PXL_20230207_044824184.MP_copy_1280x964.jpg
    PXL_20230207_044824184.MP_copy_1280x964.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 45

My first ultimax blew at 3,500 miles, but I was running in 45 degree temps that day.

My new 827 came in that width, so I think you're good if you wanted to go longer. Personally I would replace with those kind of miles, but I always run big tunes.

I got over 7000 km on my 8jp with half of the recommended wear on my tuned setup and the belt looked great. New belt on now.

Running a big tune, I personally don't go over about 2,000. Don't really know how far they would go but don't want to find out. LOL

Thats a good question. I have 1800 miles on my XS825 running on the 300 tune all the time. This is a record for me and only possible because I went away from the Winder primary.

I've run all these miles with the TAPP primary and can't believe how cool and easy it is on belts. I've really abused this belt this season and it still looks great.

Thats a good question. I have 1800 miles on my XS825 running on the 300 tune all the time. This is a record for me and only possible because I went away from the Winder primary.

I've run all these miles with the TAPP primary and can't believe how cool and easy it is on belts. I've really abused this belt this season and it still looks great.
I've rever seen any belt look as nice as mine does (0 glaze any where) with the the TAPP. Clutch shievs are clean and cool and very consistent shift rpm. Awesome clutch in my opinion!

What do the sides of the belt look like
The width is good
I ran a stock belt 2500miles and changed it to change it because of miles
I agree with turboflash and dooz on miles and tuned just as precaution

Last edited:
I'm on my 2nd season about 2500 miles with an xs827 tuned at 270 with stock teams. Guy that rides with me bought a used tcat last year with a SM 260td tune and original owner had 6000 miles on the original 112 cat belt running teams too.

Back