• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Clutch Kit On MTX???

HUNT 24/7

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Nytro
Im instaling an MCXpress 180 turbo kit on my Nytro MTX that was on an XTX, just wondering if the clutch kit from the turbo XTX would work on my MTX where it has different gearing???

Who’s clutch kit is it? Nest idea is to get a starting/reference point from the company or shop who put that kit together. Most aftermarket clutch kits come with adjustable weights. If yours has them you will be in good shape, just get out on the snow and tune them for the conditions you are riding in most of the time.

59598069-24A4-4321-9FC9-74D8593F411A.jpeg
Who’s clutch kit is it? Nest idea is to get a starting/reference point from the company or shop who put that kit together. Most aftermarket clutch kits come with adjustable weights. If yours has them you will be in good shape, just get out on the snow and tune them for the conditions you are riding in most of the time.

I have all the info from Ulmer for the XTX setup.

The Supertips he uses are REALLY adjustable, that’s a good thing. I’d get a hold of Allen, he’ll be more than happy to help you out with set up tips using his clutch kit.

The Supertips he uses are REALLY adjustable, that’s a good thing. I’d get a hold of Allen, he’ll be more than happy to help you out with set up tips using his clutch kit.

Im hoping it will work, I know very little about clutching, just not sure if the XTX clutch kit would be different than a clutch kit for an MTX. Different helix? Different clutch arm profile? No idea.

Judging by the helix supplied in that kit it’ll likely just need some changes to the weight on the Supertips and which locations it is loaded. As I said before, talk to Allen Ulmer, he’ll likely get you amazingly close with it right over the phone.

Judging by the helix supplied in that kit it’ll likely just need some changes to the weight on the Supertips and which locations it is loaded. As I said before, talk to Allen Ulmer, he’ll likely get you amazingly close with it right over the phone.

Ive heard he can be hard to get ahold of, but I'll try to contact him in the new year, thanks!

Back