• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX HYGEAR DUAL PRESSURE

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 nytro xtx
Just curious what you guys are running for air pressures? I have them on the front and the rear with the hygear linkage. I think I have it pretty good now but I'm always looking for better. I ride mostly trails and I am a pretty light rider (180 with gear). I'm at Front: 55/120 Rear: 165/225

I also have the twisted dual rate spring for the center shock at soft. I really had to put more preload into it after installing the curve skis. Those things bite! But, at least I don't worry about blowing a corner anymore.

Just curious what you guys are running for air pressures? I have them on the front and the rear with the hygear linkage. I think I have it pretty good now but I'm always looking for better. I ride mostly trails and I am a pretty light rider (180 with gear). I'm at Front: 55/120 Rear: 165/225

I also have the twisted dual rate spring for the center shock at soft. I really had to put more preload into it after installing the curve skis. Those things bite! But, at least I don't worry about blowing a corner anymore.

I don't have the front dual pressures but my rear float is set at 250/225 and I'm about 225 with gear.

So, overall was this mod worth it? Night and day difference? Am thinking of making the jump , so to speak.

The rear linkage and dual pressure made the most difference. And yes it was night and day. Stutters bumps are gone! I hated the ride before I did this mod to the point of selling a brand new sled. My own fault for not doing more research on the xtx being non coupled but I'm glad I stuck it out! The fronts help and are more plush but the rear is a must if you ask me.

Yeah it was night and day. If you want i will sell you my float 2 with dual pressure as im switching over to a coilover shock instead.

I'm going to all coilovers over the summer. Just couldn't justify it right after purchase of sled. I'm either going fox qs3 or axis. Undecided. Which ones are you going with?

What is the best rear suspension for the XTX? Is it the Fox QS3, or the Hygear Axis shocks; or the Float 3 Evols; is the Hygear linkage a necessity, or are there other options to upgrade the rear suspension from the standard Float 3's? I have a 2016 XTX and I absolutely love everything about the sled, with the exception of its harshness in the stutter bumps. I would like a "plusher" ride in the rear, but at the same time, I do not want to change the way it handles on the trail. With SLP Mohawks and Bergstrom triple points, the sled handles better than any sled I have ever ridden, and I would like to keep it that way, but I would like a softer ride!

Back