• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX rough running at low rpm

Sam99166

I hate to be a pest on this subject but the dealer & Yamaha Corp are trying to cure my XTX. I would like to know from a dozen or so of you guys if you can maintain a steady rpm in the 2000 to 4000 range without it searching & bogging. Thanks Sam

The only low RPM issue I notice is the clutches trying to engage and disengage as I creep through obstacles. I can't say at what engine speed this happens since I rarely look at the instruments, but its right at/below/above engagement speed. The motor seems fine, in fact I know it purrs at all engine speeds on the stand.

Mine is the same way as stewartb describes.
It is very annoying when you have to drive slow.

My motor seems to be plenty smooth, no surging or bogging, but the stock clutching is suprisingly aggressive, which I am ok with, 'cause it's saving me from spending $400 at Ulmers... :) It may be a little annoying, but the Nytro is supposed to be an aggressive sled, so i guess I just expected it to be clutched that way.

the stock clutching slips the belt badly at engagement. switch to 15mm rollers & it engages smooth as butter.

Thanks for the comments

Before clutch engagement, ( if you hold the throttle steady) does the engine maintain a steady rpm or does it search up & down?

Turk said:
the stock clutching slips the belt badly at engagement. switch to 15mm rollers & it engages smooth as butter.
Does this effect anything else than engagement?

Back