• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Setup for 6'5" rider

kschitoskey

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
07 Phazer
94 Polaris 440
Just picked up a 09 XTX with 600 miles for $3500 - fantastic sled. Acceleration similar to my old Vmax-4s and love the rider forward position. I'll be getting the WRP seat and OFT relocate soon; wondering what other tall riders are doing in terms of bar risers? I understand the OFT raises the bars effectively 2-3", so trying to get info before I spend $. Ride 75" groomed trails, 25" boondocking; prefer standing position.

You will need a longer throttle cable if you go any higher than a 2" riser if I'm not mistaken. After putting the OFT relocater on I felt it was too high for me. It felt like ape hangers. I switched to the lower RTX bars but I'm only 5'10". I'm sure others will chime in on this

I'm 6'4", went with the WRP seat and relocator and it wasn't bad, but I still had to hunch over uncomfortably while standing, which I do a lot. Last year I finally added a riser in addition to the relocator, can't remember if it was 1.5 or 2", but the setup is now perfect for me. Still very rideable while sitting down on trails, and I no longer feel like I'm going to flip over the handlebars while standing. I did have to upgrade to the mountain throttle cable to do this. I know others have managed to used the stock cable with this setup but didn't work for me.

I'm 6'5" aswell. I have wrp seat and oft and I went with a flat bar and 4" risers. I can stand to get through rough spots. But it's comfortable sitting. To make it comfortable to stand most the time I would have gone with 6"... or even kept the 1.5" rise bars that came stock with a 4" riser stock riser is 2.5" and stock bar rise is 1.5" (roughly)

I'm 6.3", but am long wasted. I have the OFT Relocate, stock bars and the 4" PowerMadd riser block. I had to use a throttle cable extension,(attaches onto the stock throttle cable) but the brake cable had just enough length. I also added another 4" of soft foam to my stock seat. Sounds tall....but when I sit my 270 lbs in it...not so much...lol

Back