• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Tipped rails VS Straight

pdiddy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'11 Apex; '16 Apex XTX; '18 Indy 600 SP;
What the verdict on the new straight XTX rails VS the older tipped rails? How is handling affected (if at all)?

Sorry I can't comment on the difference. My xtx is the first long track I've ever had, saying that I like mine and I came from a 2001 SRX

With more power the tipped up rails like to wheelie, even will limiter straps in stock position. The turbo guys found this a bit. Of course with the Cat chassis and skid, the tip-up is not really an option without some redesign.

Yes I noticed in deeper snow 18" or more just a quick blip of the throttle and the front lifts very easy. On hard pack my front ski's are easily lifted upon a full throttle take off to about 70 mph then they settle down.

The tipped rails seem to work as Yamaha advertised. Helps the 144 corner like a 121 on hard-pack. Also the geometry gurus say the "rounded" design robs a bit less h.p. I like the design. That said, Yamaha will probably never use the tipped rails again. :o|:o|:o|:o|

I have had a 121, 136, and now 144 with tip up. I do not find it hard to steer at all. Love the extra hook up. would absolutely do it again!

I did not notice any difference when I went from apex xtx (tip up) to the vector xtx when cornering.

The Duponts end to soon on the 144 tipped rail, they would end a mile to soon on the straight rail 146.

I run my dupontes backwards on my 144" skid. 2 seasons on them now and they have worn evenly with no low spots. Have never experienced slider wear on the front of the skid, so figured i'd try this. works very well IMO

I run my dupontes backwards on my 144" skid. 2 seasons on them now and they have worn evenly with no low spots. Have never experienced slider wear on the front of the skid, so figured i'd try this. works very well IMO

I thought of this but was worried about the front wearing. Your saying no wear in front

Normal wear from what I've inspected. 2 years on them, approx 2500 miles. Easily get another season on them for sure

Normal wear from what I've inspected. 2 years on them, approx 2500 miles. Easily get another season on them for sure
I Have got as high as 3500 miles and if the dupont material went back to the rear idler (in effect axle) I would have got at least another 1000. I still had DuPonts all the way to the last one that had finally disappeared. So what is normal wear? How thick are the slides at the bend?

In my experience, they wear to about 40% then seem to last forever! When i yank my skid, i could give you an actual measurement. I can tell you that visually, they are wearing even from front to back.

Back