• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx top speed vs rtx

RIKMAN

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Srx
is the xtx slower than a rtx? some say's the xtx is faster?
looking to trade my attak but i'm hesitating between the two of them.
Rik.....

I am sure on the big end it is slower do to the bigger track. But to be honest,If you are looking for top speed this sled is not for you!

You beat me to it, I've got an RTX SE and my buddy has the XTX. We were going to do some lake and road running this weekend to find out but...lakes have turned to mush and roads are bare. Someone let us know results stock vs stock please!
Thanks
mjd

Yamaha claims the xtx is slightly faster due to the very effecient rear suspension(low approach and tipped rails) but in all reality theres probaly no difference between the 2. Maybe 1-2mph either way. Nothing drastic I'll guarantee

so my gest is, get the xtx, better traction an same speed -1 or 2 mph...

RIKMAN said:
so my gest is, get the xtx, better traction an same speed -1 or 2 mph...
If you ride some rough trails and alot of off trail,If you ride alot of rough and some off trail get the RTX. The RTX is better in the rough and the XTX is better off trail!

my XTX is 4-6mph behind my buddys apex on the same day same coditions.,

Ive hit 111mph (106gps) on a road, usually imaround 105-109 speedo thats in the low 100's gps.

Find me an RTX SE and Ill smoke him.... im all stock

Just wait till im on ice ;)!

Daranello said:

Ive hit 111mph (106gps) on a road, usually imaround 105-109 speedo thats in the low 100's gps.

Daranello,
if i remember correctly, you were riding an apex before.
how do you like your xtx, any regrets.....
Thanks,
Rik....

i had 08 nytro fx.
My 09 xtx has a lot of top end over my 08. Never would have believed it but the difference is a lot.
I am/was running cobra track on both sleds.

Turk said:
i had 08 nytro fx.
My 09 xtx has a lot of top end over my 08. Never would have believed it but the difference is a lot.
I am/was running cobra track on both sleds.

Thank's Turk,
you just made my choice easier.
btw, are you running the 2 ply cobra or single on your xtx. i was looking at the single ply arctic-cat 144 cobra 1.250...any ideas.... :Rockon:

RIKMAN said:
Daranello said:

Daranello,
Thanks,
Rik....

I was on an Attak before and I was worried as hell because last year I read a million post that the 08 Nytros (I think even some from Turk) that they were much slower on top end over the apex and would only run to maybe a 100 on a perfect day.....

I coulnt be happier with my XTX, when I get one the Apex its like riding something outdated and old, really I don't miss the Attak on bit....I'm VERY happy with the purchase.

Can't wait to line up against a 1200xr

Edit: one of my old post

UPDATE, light snow -6c soft loose snow pack (slow conditions)

my XTX was hitting 99-100mph speedo (95.3 mph GPS) 4-5mph error

Same rider on an Apex GT 112 Speedo (99 mph GPS) 13mph error

and yes he has a very strong running GT has hit 122 on GPS.\\

so we are 3.7 mph differance on top end tonight

I was even with apex RTX out there but we didnt GPS him

on a drag race we were the same out of the hole, but his mid range was killing me and our top end were close he was just slowly pulling on top end.

My best top speed so far was 111mph speedo (106 MPH GPS)

So far my biggest fear coming from an Attak was missing Top end, so far I'm very happy cause my attak was slower than the GT I raced tonight...again very happy with the top end so far....

BTW I have 500miles on the sled and its stock other than 114 Studs

Daranello said:
RIKMAN said:
Daranello said:

Daranello,
Thanks,
Rik....

I was on an Attak before and I was worried as hell because I read a million post (I think even some from Turk) that they were muc slower on top end over the apex and would only run to maybe a 100 on a perfect day.....

I coulnt be happier with my XTX, when I get on the Apex its like riding something outdated and old, really I don't miss the Attak on bit....I VERY happy with the purchase.

Can't wait to line up against a 1200xr

Thanks,
The black xtx is so sweet. Snow check on the way!!! :Rockon:

Back