• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Y-Pipe Flange Replacement

As wavemaster said this form of press fit is common. I have seen it used more in bearing on shaft applications. I am curious on this application. Should have the sled reassembled and running in a week or so depending on my work schedule. I'll post when it's up and running.

I have used these on my Attak for two seasons with no issues. I used Permatex orange sealant, though I don't think you need it. They are very solid and fit very tight. I even installed them without removing the y pipes. I cut the old flange out and slid these over. Installed the donuts and clamped them in. Saved a lot of time for a mid season repair.

Getting things assembled and got her running tonight. Flanges are sealed nice and tight. Working on how to post a video. Happy so far. Now on to the skid.

A few questions on the flange replacements linked above . . .
  • Did the guy that sells these flanges ever join TY?
  • Has anyone ever made their own (simply flange and cut stainless exhaust pipe)?
  • Does this guy or anyone else sell just the flanges for those of us that already have the copper donuts?

A few questions on the flange replacements linked above . . .
  • Did the guy that sells these flanges ever join TY?
  • Has anyone ever made their own (simply flange and cut stainless exhaust pipe)?
  • Does this guy or anyone else sell just the flanges for those of us that already have the copper donuts?
I did converse with him about joining but I don't know if he did or not.

The ones I bought were flanges only. I bought the copper donuts elsewhere.

I had seen a comment in a past thread that some one did. The interference fit is the important factor.

I put about 2000 miles in these this season and they have held up well.

Did they appear to be stainless exhaust pipe with a flange swaged on one end?

I am working with him on the new flanges for the 11 and up Apex. He will be on the site soon. For now his ebay store is the way to get them.

Did this guy ever join? I think I'm going to try a set of these, I can hear an exhaust leak on my 06

My friend bought these, not sure whos, but be warned the clamps are not strong enough to actually clamp down on the pipes to seal them

Back