• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yama- moto

Its a smart way for the brand to build price competitive options for the chinese market while investing in cheaper offshore production. All of these countries (China, Mexico, Thailand, Brazil, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, etc) all have a far lower labor cost base than the US or Japan and its possible to produce high quality product in any of those regions as long as you run them to your own standards. If Yamaha can overlay their engineering/manufacturing standards onto CFMoto, it would allow Yamaha to compete in a market that would otherwise be closed to them while improving profitability in other markets.

I see yamaha and cf-moto are looking to join together in China, maybe they will build a sled together.
Looks like it's a done deal yamaha has 49% profit share hopefully they give the zforce 950 a new triple 998 to replace the KTM twin

There are a couple of Yamaha dealers in this area selling CF Moto as part of their business for the last year or more, CF Moto makes a decent SXS now, best warranty in the business and their SxS comes with lots of options that you would have to order separate for other brands, not sure on how their part availability is in their network though, Yamaha has something up their sleeves.

I'm sure it's mainly for scooters and small bikes, huge market there but I bought a cf-moto atv last year and is nice machine for $5000 less than comparable brand name,KTM already builds out of their plant and they are using their motors in some of their products. Hopefully they will use some yamaha motors and improve their quality more.

Yamaha already had a significant stake in manufacturing in China. This is a list of Yamaha manufacturing companies located there.
  • Yamaha Motor (China) Co., Ltd. (YMCN)
  • Shanghai Yamaha Jianshe Motor Marketing Co., Ltd. (YMSM)
  • Zhuzhou Yamaha Motor Shock-absorber Co., Ltd. (ZYS)
  • Yamaha Motor R&D Shanghai Co., Ltd. (YMRS)
  • Yamaha Motor Powered Products Jiangsu Co., Ltd. (YMPJ)
  • Yamaha Motor Electronics Suzhou Co., Ltd. (YESZ)
  • Yamaha Motor Solutions Co., Ltd. Xiamen (YMSLX)
  • Yamaha Motor IM (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. (YIMS)
  • Apic Yamada Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (ATS)
  • Shanghai Yamada Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (SYM)
  • Chongqing Jianshe Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (CJYM)
  • Zhuzhou Jianshe Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (ZJYM)
  • Jiangsu Linhai Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (LYM)
  • Sichuan Huachuan Yamaha Motor Parts Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (SHY)
  • Tongling Sanjia Yamada Technology Co., Ltd. (TSY)
Its only the 1 in purple that was partnered with CFMoto. CFMoto made its reputation in China as a big bike builder (650+) and in the early days that was a 4-stroke 650 (cough) patterned (cough) after the Kawasaki 650 powerplant. Since then, CFMoto has branched out into larger machines including the UTV / S&S line. The cynical me says that it is likely that Yamaha had to find a way to officially become a part of the sanctioned manufacturing partners recognized by China in order to continue their business in China or face a continuos battle against obstruction and bureaucracy. Typically this happens through acquisition or partnership with a local company so its not surprising. Our first big sale into China only became possible when we gave up fighting the system and accepted the invitation to get an official blessing from the Party government which opened many further doors in the country. Once you have that blessing, you are golden but have to live under the rules including turning over some control to the locals.

Yamaha already had a significant stake in manufacturing in China. This is a list of Yamaha manufacturing companies located there.
  • Yamaha Motor (China) Co., Ltd. (YMCN)
  • Shanghai Yamaha Jianshe Motor Marketing Co., Ltd. (YMSM)
  • Zhuzhou Yamaha Motor Shock-absorber Co., Ltd. (ZYS)
  • Yamaha Motor R&D Shanghai Co., Ltd. (YMRS)
  • Yamaha Motor Powered Products Jiangsu Co., Ltd. (YMPJ)
  • Yamaha Motor Electronics Suzhou Co., Ltd. (YESZ)
  • Yamaha Motor Solutions Co., Ltd. Xiamen (YMSLX)
  • Yamaha Motor IM (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. (YIMS)
  • Apic Yamada Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (ATS)
  • Shanghai Yamada Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (SYM)
  • Chongqing Jianshe Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (CJYM)
  • Zhuzhou Jianshe Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (ZJYM)
  • Jiangsu Linhai Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (LYM)
  • Sichuan Huachuan Yamaha Motor Parts Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (SHY)
  • Tongling Sanjia Yamada Technology Co., Ltd. (TSY)
Its only the 1 in purple that was partnered with CFMoto. CFMoto made its reputation in China as a big bike builder (650+) and in the early days that was a 4-stroke 650 (cough) patterned (cough) after the Kawasaki 650 powerplant. Since then, CFMoto has branched out into larger machines including the UTV / S&S line. The cynical me says that it is likely that Yamaha had to find a way to officially become a part of the sanctioned manufacturing partners recognized by China in order to continue their business in China or face a continuos battle against obstruction and bureaucracy. Typically this happens through acquisition or partnership with a local company so its not surprising. Our first big sale into China only became possible when we gave up fighting the system and accepted the invitation to get an official blessing from the Party government which opened many further doors in the country. Once you have that blessing, you are golden but have to live under the rules including turning over some control to the locals.
There's nothing wrong with the Kawasaki 650-based engine (as long at it is still a Kawasaki ;)).
These are my two 2004 Kawasaki KFX700's. The red one is an 800cc build and has around 80 RWHP. The blue one is a 730cc build is around 65 RWHP. Used to have a 40-shot of nitrous on the red one as well.

0609221828a.jpg

20180617_093212.jpg

Nothing at all wrong with the Kawi mill. I have a bud looking at a CFMoto now, the dealership (Yamaha as well) seems pretty impressed with them in general. Those are both nice rides, gives me nostalgia for our sand buggies and the weekends in the desert.

1703822201126.png

Back