• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha after market handle bar warmers

I see you in Winnipeg, call main motorsports and see if they have the RSI elements and grips in stock. You'll see the price difference.
That's good advice, RSIs work great, have them on my 07.

I had the same set, grip are junk....grips wore holes in them in less than year and burned the elements out again. I went with RSI but I find them really thick and hard the heat to get through them. Otherwise they work well.

Everything is so expensive at our Yamaha dealer. An oil change cots $100 for oil and filter. I can go next door to CAT and get a oil change kit for the 6000 for $69 plus tax. But I just wait till Mobil 1 goes on sale at Canadian tire.

I had the same set, grip are junk....grips wore holes in them in less than year and burned the elements out again. I went with RSI but I find them really thick and hard the heat to get through them. Otherwise they work well.
Apparently the elements break if something hits the Handle bar. Like if you're playing in the powder and a branch from a tree hits the handle bar, it can bust the element and that's usually what causes the element to stop working.

I hated the kit. Installed them and did not like the feel of the grips. Cut them off and bought new factory ones from WSL.

Last edited:
Go with the RSI elements.

I foamed the inside of my bars with Great Stuff canned foam then wrapped the handlebars with the following cork liner: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/112176598819?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true.

Then after putting on the RSI elements, wrapped them with RSI gel/grip tape.

Unbelievable increase in heat/comfort for under $100.

Just put the new warmers on, all works great. New grips are smaller and have way more grip. They are softer and feel great!

Attachments

• IMG_7799.JPG
    IMG_7799.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_7800.JPG
    IMG_7800.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 82
Just put the new warmers on, all works great. New grips are smaller and have way more grip. They are softer and feel great!
I think those are the grips I had, SLP? I wore through them in about 1000 miles but I did like them.

Back