• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Apex 2007 no sign off life

Its called a crank position error but the problem is the stator pickup coil and it could be the stator itself. You can eliminate the pickup coil by measuring the resistance through the coil. It should be 446 ~ 545 Ω at 20°C (68°F) (White/Red – White/Green). If the pickup coil is bad, rm stator has a replacement that is cheap. The stator is harder to measure unless you happen to have an ohm meter capable of measuring tenths of ohms (most meters cannot). Stator values are 0.19 ~ 0.24 Ω at 20°C (68°F) (White – White). I believe the assembly part number is 8FP-81410-02-00 as to where to buy it.. it seems like an expensive option these days through partzilla. You may want to try to find a pull or talk to the dealer as well. I think that from 2006-2010 they are all the same.

Note, that there is a replacement part from RMStator, some folks have had luck, others have not. The RMstator is significantly cheaper but you do take some risk (they have a warranty). In either case (Yamaha or rmstator) you will probably need the gasket.

rmstator

Partzilla

I would start with the dealer.

Its called a crank position error but the problem is the stator pickup coil and it could be the stator itself. You can eliminate the pickup coil by measuring the resistance through the coil. It should be 446 ~ 545 Ω at 20°C (68°F) (White/Red – White/Green). If the pickup coil is bad, rm stator has a replacement that is cheap. The stator is harder to measure unless you happen to have an ohm meter capable of measuring tenths of ohms (most meters cannot). Stator values are 0.19 ~ 0.24 Ω at 20°C (68°F) (White – White). I believe the assembly part number is 8FP-81410-02-00 as to where to buy it.. it seems like an expensive option these days through partzilla. You may want to try to find a pull or talk to the dealer as well. I think that from 2006-2010 they are all the same.

Note, that there is a replacement part from RMStator, some folks have had luck, others have not. The RMstator is significantly cheaper but you do take some risk (they have a warranty). In either case (Yamaha or rmstator) you will probably need the gasket.

rmstator

Partzilla

I would start with the dealer.
Thanks

Although when my Apex had the code 12 and I replaced with OEM stator, Travis of Barn of Parts also sells either the stator or the pickup coil

Barn of Parts

I found out Kimbex is a other place where you can order snowmobile parts price for stator is 250$

Back