• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha, are they ok????????

polaris would be my 2nd choice if yammi would go out,had doos,flimsy sled with a time bomb under the hood,i still cant figure why they are the #1 selling brand,i guess people just like spending money for fun,there are good ones but nothing compared to yammi,cats are so so for me

If yamaha was to sell out.

Polaris would be my choice, well built sled not the fastest not the slowest.
Had 2 great sleds xcsp 600 and a xcsp 700. The 600 was just as fast as
the 700, But they aways ran good. before that it was a-cat junk

El tiger 5000 87 ok
El tiger 6000 88 junk
wildcat 650 91 so so
wildcat 700efi 94 kinda junk
zrt 600 96 ok
zrt 600 98 great
zrt 600 01 junk

slow learner to mutch to :drink:

Yamaha IS GOOD

I have been riding for 10 years and I have owned Polaris and Arctic Cats. My last sled was a 2004 T660 Turbo Touring. Way too big and heavy on the trail. It rode like a boat and was no fun. I sold it and went back to my old 2001 Polaris 600cc Classic for this season.

Now I have sold my Polaris and just got a used 2008 Vector LTX GT which I know I am going to like. This will probably be the last sled I buy or so my wife hopes.

Re: Yamaha IS GOOD

4myride said:
I have been riding for 10 years and I have owned Polaris and Arctic Cats. My last sled was a 2004 T660 Turbo Touring. Way too big and heavy on the trail. It rode like a boat and was no fun. I sold it and went back to my old 2001 Polaris 600cc Classic for this season.

Now I have sold my Polaris and just got a used 2008 Vector LTX GT which I know I am going to like. This will probably be the last sled I buy or so my wife hopes.

Hay: 4myride.
If you do buy another sled just get rid of the wife, HaHa :flag:

Im bad sorry. :o|

I bought a artic cat these year rode it two times hit a hard 4 foot snowbank and totaled the big pussy cat broke the bulk head what a pile.I hit a ditch bank at 50 on the rx1 thought I nocked out all my teeth did nothing to my sled..The good news is if Artic cat bought out yamaha it would just be for new technolgy so they could build a good sled and the up side would be all of are sled vaules would go up L.O.L...I have a buddy that bought a skidoo hit a big bump in the trail and junk the sled.So I guess for me I will deal with a little extra weight for a sturdy sled.Just like a good woman LoL. My wife is not on hear is she ha ha

wideopenorbroke said:
I bought a artic cat these year rode it two times hit a hard 4 foot snowbank and totaled the big pussy cat broke the bulk head what a pile.I hit a ditch bank at 50 on the rx1 thought I nocked out all my teeth did nothing to my sled..The good news is if Artic cat bought out yamaha it would just be for new technolgy so they could build a good sled and the up side would be all of are sled vaules would go up L.O.L...I have a buddy that bought a skidoo hit a big bump in the trail and junk the sled.So I guess for me I will deal with a little extra weight for a sturdy sled.Just like a good woman LoL. My wife is not on hear is she ha ha

I wish I had total some of my cats. I would have been a lot happier.
El tiger 5000 87 ok
El tiger 6000 88 junk
wildcat 650 91 so so
zrt 600 96 ok
zrt 600 98 great
zrt 600 01 junk

sorry Mrsled no bashing
Im bad sorry :o| :Rules:

3 junk sleds out of 7 isn't too bad, not really very good, but I've had friends have worse odds then that.

To be truthful, I've owned everything but a Polaris, and I've never had any major problems with either. More trouble with the Doo then the Arctic Cat though, and of course the 2 Yamaha's had the least problems, but one of them was a bravo and you can't kill them.

When I was a kid I had a Yamaha 433EL 1973? or 74 with high and low
gears, EL was for elc. start. The thing was slow but it always would run and
run and run, that was my first yamaha and last till now. 3/12/09 new apex.
Last season I got to ride a apex not just the speed ya that was nice,
But the ride wow that was really nice.
So please keep a-cat away from my Yamaha. ;)!

El tiger 5000 87 ok
El tiger 6000 88 junk
wildcat 650 91 so so
zrt 600 96 ok
zrt 600 98 great
zrt 600 01 junk
Rob, I can't believe it took you this long to come back to Yammi!
P.S. Sarah looks good on the Ape, maybe you should keep riding the Poo.
md ;):D

woodydog said:
El tiger 5000 87 ok
El tiger 6000 88 junk
wildcat 650 91 so so
zrt 600 96 ok
zrt 600 98 great
zrt 600 01 junk
Rob, I can't believe it took you this long to come back to Yammi!
P.S. Sarah looks good on the Ape, maybe you should keep riding the Poo.
md ;):D

sorry md. but I did not like the old pogo Sticks. just not for me.
ok ill give sara the apex, she thinks she can ride with you.md.
than you can help her put on her helmet, put gas in her sled.
pull it out of the garage. What for her on the trial, and I will get the poo
back and just ride.
md you got to get kids or try mine on for a week. got to lov em.
see you sat night at the club party. :drink:
P.S. she is a good kid!!! ;)! :ot:

I already do all of that for Michele!
One more won't hurt! Especially if she's on your new ride!
See you tomorrow!
md

Sasquatch said:
Yamaha and Cat together would be a great thing. Yamaha motored with cat suspension. Handling, ride and longevity.

Win! Win!

I think the the motor "YAMAHA" would rip out of the body of the "A-CAT"
We would be just left in the body of a "A-CAT". Last again HA HA. :tg:

IM BAD :o|

It is interesting to see "impressions" of sleds. Guess if we all thought the same thing, there would only be one maker and we would all ride Yamaha.........

Back