• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Canada Extra Fuel Carriers

Vmax4

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 FXNytro MTX 162 SE with a 270 hp MCX Turbo and assorted goodies!
Did anyone from Canada purchase the saddlebag accessory kit? I believe it was only available in canada in 2008, but looks like the same kit is coming to america in 2009.

Looking for pictures when mounted on your sled. Did the saddlebags make it more difficult to move from side to side when boondocking? I have an MTX and want some extra fuel mileage range, but do not want to effect my monuverability on the sled.

Thanks,
Steve

1027-Accessory_Fuel_open.JPG

I kinda thought the tour buddy was pretty, well pretty isn't the right word. It really looks like an after thought. I actually think the ski doo tanks are the coolest, and may end up with one of those on my wifes phazer. It is only a few times a season that I need extra fuel, but it is something I would rather not have to plan around.

Daranello, how much off trail riding do you do? I am concerned about getting from running board to running board while boondocking and climbing.

How many extra holes are we talking about drilling?

ive installed a pair on a customers nytro mtx and couldnt really notice them there when i went for a test ride, they are placed kinda far back to be in the way.

there is a thread in the milage fun contest section that shows these mounted. author is yellowknife (i think). he has had them on most of the season on his mountain nytro. i know he does carves in the feilds with his. he might have the input you are looking for if you pm him.

Here's what I did. I bought the MTX shovel bag though and now I have to figure out what to do with it, the damn thing is HUGE!

Attachments

• DSC01005.JPG
    DSC01005.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC01006.JPG
    DSC01006.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01007.JPG
    DSC01007.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 85
CrewChief - Is the aluminum that holds the extra tank on included with the MTX shovel bag?

If not - where did you get that?

I like how they did the REV XP's they way their tank site on the track extension. But i dont need a saddlebag.. when i go sledding its usually with a bunch of people and they have touring machines so they can carry extra gas lol :p

Back