• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

You mean like; Blue = Yamaha and Yellow= Ski doo, wouldnt that be a YAMADOO...............Hmmmmmmmmmmm heard that somewhere before. LOL

Not sure how you see that coming but sure would be interesting.

YAMADOO

Yamahas 2019 spring checks are blue and yellow, not a chance I would buy one of those. Yep that makes green I could ride green!

Well I’ll throw my quarter peeny sense in here.
Didn’t Yamaha say they had a five year plan. When this all started ?
Ok by my books they missed it by one year
‘14 viper
‘15 viper mountain
‘16 viper something
‘17 Winder
‘18 sno scoot
‘19 SRX wanna be.

So could it be the year of 2020?
Who knows. Got my rubber boots on now. Getting pretty deep here.

Can we get this thread up to page 267 by years end? Maybe
Have more faith in TY clan then I do Yamahaha.

A Viper a Sidewinder and the Sidewinder is the only thing that could be classed as new. The scoot is new and really the only new chassis that came out. Everything else is just old Cat!

I think its too late to be a flop; the Ctec 600 has been in production sleds since 2014 and they have sold tons of them. From what I see and read its a very reliable 600 with similar hp has the Doo and Poo. No one is complaining about them.
Glad someone said it. IMO the best 600 class motor made RIGHT NOW with a proven track record is this motor. The best thing to ever be engineered from PURE Cat is this motor. I will have one in the stable for the lady.. No doubt

I think what happened is the Sidewinder hurt Viper sales. That is why you don't see a updated Viper, they need to move the unsold units.
Lets face it, lots of people boosted the Viper, now Yamaha does it for you at less money then what it costs to do yourself.
And the SW has helped everyone with insurance, they go by cc and the Viper 1049 is expensive in comparison to the SW.

I think what hurt Viper sales is the broken gears and metal bits from them destroying internals! Worst bad advertising ever for the Viper.

Never knew there was a Polaris forum, know of Dootalk and ArcticChat. Tom (MrSled) runs this site, he’s a Yamaha rider. I am friends with the guy that runs ArcticChat, lives in my town.
So is AG still around on Arctic Chat,we used to chat all the time on R.S.S. Along with the guy who started Hardcore but it had a different name then and he rode a Polaris! There was no TY AC Hardcore or Doo Talk way back in 98 either. Miss chatting with those guys!

I don’t think any manufacture “needs” snowmobiles. I remember back in the 90’s that there were strictly Arctic cat and Ski doo dealers that sold nothing BUT sleds. All of them are long gone, most dealers now have several lines of product, just about all have some form of small tractor, UTV, snow removal equipment sales for winter time also. Kinda funny, without sleds I don’t think Can-am or Polaris ATV/SxS wouldn’t be nearly as popular as they are, now they far outsell the sled divisions.

Glad someone said it. IMO the best 600 class motor made RIGHT NOW with a proven track record is this motor. The best thing to ever be engineered from PURE Cat is this motor. I will have one in the stable for the lady.. No doubt
I thought it was some new motor they just came out with. :dunno:
I test rode a 6000 back in 2014 at R&R motor sports. Seriously I had it 2 the wood on the railroad bed (Bearskin) and the SOB wouldn’t do over 77 mph with packed trail. There is no way that sled is 120hp period. I googled it and guys on Arctic site saying their old 500cc sleds were faster.
Johnny says....Bring back the triple 2 strokes!

The 98 SRX 700 is one of my all time favorite sleds I've ever owned. I heard a couple pipes ones this weekend that gave me a little chubby. LOL.
Sorry Apex guys, the the old triple/triple SRX has the best exhaust note on the snow. I said I’d never own another 2 stroke but I’ve been seeing some good prices on Old SRX’s and plan on getting a clean one and kept it for a “Vintage” sled

My srx 600 and sx viper, love the old school triples!!

A set of ebay SRX pipes will really wake that Viper up!
Besides they just sound cool!

D28FA4A2-D59F-40A6-B1FB-505D2EEB528D.jpeg

I thought it was some new motor they just came out with. :dunno:
I test rode a 6000 back in 2014 at R&R motor sports. Seriously I had it 2 the wood on the railroad bed (Bearskin) and the SOB wouldn’t do over 77 mph with packed trail. There is no way that sled is 120hp period. I googled it and guys on Arctic site saying their old 500cc sleds were faster.
Johnny says....Bring back the triple 2 strokes!
I don't doubt that for a second. That was the first year I believe. Curious if it was still in break in. Not saying it's fast sled at all. But it's damn light and hearing really good things on the motor after 4 years. Nothing beats the triple 2 smokes for sure. Those were great sounding sleds. The AC 700 was still a monster on top back in the day.

There is a market for sleds it's just not as big as the rest of products they produce. Doesn't help when you don't buy one ? I will give you my opinion if wanted or not. Yamaha made a smart decision making a friend with artic cat it's a step in the right direction couldn't be any more happy with my purchase . Badass sled it will out pull anything ....it's still heavier but every manufacture has there down falls but I like my women on the thicker side anyhow.

Back