• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

cobrajet you hit the nail on the head Yamaha needed a new chassis bad the delta box is way outdated and Yamaha has not had a decent rear suspension since 2004 when they retired the sx viper. The apex is not even close to the viper and sidewinder in handling and suspension department. I know I owned three of them a 06, 08, and an 11 unless your riding on a flat groomed trail the apex will take is toll on you after a long days ride. I can put on 250 miles a day with my viper and get up and go again the next day, you wont do that will a apex, at least where I live and ride there is a mixture of trails from lakes to railroad beds to technical woods riding, these trails get used a lot and buy the end of the day are pounded. I'm not saying the pro cross chassis does not have its problems but it is way better than anything Yamaha has to date. I just don't know what all you guys want, something new from japan, what would that be something with a single shock rear suspension and two front shocks that are tied together, not gonna cut it for me ill keep buying the cats with the Yamaha power plants. The best thing that could happen is for Yamaha and cat to keep working together. Trust me I bleed blue way more than anybody all my atvs and sxs are Yamaha even my generator, I just think that Yamaha has built what they think snowmobiles should be not what we want them to be, but it is slowly changing.

cobrajet you hit the nail on the head Yamaha needed a new chassis bad the delta box is way outdated and Yamaha has not had a decent rear suspension since 2004 when they retired the sx viper. The apex is not even close to the viper and sidewinder in handling and suspension department. I know I owned three of them a 06, 08, and an 11 unless your riding on a flat groomed trail the apex will take is toll on you after a long days ride. I can put on 250 miles a day with my viper and get up and go again the next day, you wont do that will a apex, at least where I live and ride there is a mixture of trails from lakes to railroad beds to technical woods riding, these trails get used a lot and buy the end of the day are pounded. I'm not saying the pro cross chassis does not have its problems but it is way better than anything Yamaha has to date. I just don't know what all you guys want, something new from japan, what would that be something with a single shock rear suspension and two front shocks that are tied together, not gonna cut it for me ill keep buying the cats with the Yamaha power plants. The best thing that could happen is for Yamaha and cat to keep working together. Trust me I bleed blue way more than anybody all my atvs and sxs are Yamaha even my generator, I just think that Yamaha has built what they think snowmobiles should be not what we want them to be, but it is slowly changing.
LOL! When do you want to meet up and ride 300 miles a day? You can bring your Viper and Me and My wife will bring our Apex's we will see who is tired after the day of riding in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, We ride every weekend there.

Your statement is way off IMO.

Team blue this is only my opinion and I think your way of LOL! look me up next time your in the Rhinelander, sugarcamp, or three lakes area ill take you up on that ride. Have you ever rode the viper or sidewinder if so maybe not your cup of tea but when the trails get rough you and the apex will have to slow down or get beat up. Like I said I owned three apexs and (even a nitro what was way better for my riding style)my 08 was the ann. addition with olins shocks that I had reworked by pioneer performance, still no dice compared to the viper. The apex is a good machine when the trails are groomed and flat it does not hide its weight like the viper and sidewinder does maybe your type of riding style is a little different than mine I'm just saying I THINK the new yamahas in the pro cross chassis are way better for my riding style than the delta box machines.

Team blue this is only my opinion and I think your way of LOL! look me up next time your in the Rhinelander, sugarcamp, or three lakes area ill take you up on that ride. Have you ever rode the viper or sidewinder if so maybe not your cup of tea but when the trails get rough you and the apex will have to slow down or get beat up. Like I said I owned three apexs and (even a nitro what was way better for my riding style)my 08 was the ann. addition with olins shocks that I had reworked by pioneer performance, still no dice compared to the viper. The apex is a good machine when the trails are groomed and flat it does not hide its weight like the viper and sidewinder does maybe your type of riding style is a little different than mine I'm just saying I THINK the new yamahas in the pro cross chassis are way better for my riding style than the delta box machines.

We will be in St. Germain this weekend look us up.
Minocqua Yamaha loaned us a Sidewinder and Viper for a day to Demo, Needless to say we both are still riding our Apex's. We have 3 Apex's, they cant give us that pro cross chassis!

We will be in St. Germain this weekend look us up.
Minocqua Yamaha loaned us a Sidewinder and Viper for a day to Demo, Needless to say we both are still riding our Apex's. We have 3 Apex's, they cant give us that pro cross chassis!

Personally I like the Apex XTX with the CK skid, buddy has one with Simmons Skis and a 1.5" Camo, rides and handles very good. I put over 200 plus miles several times on my 136 Apex and I am just fine the next day. We don't exactly ride slow either. My friend with the XTX did buy a Sidewinder that was recently tuned by Knapp. We leave Sunday for Greenland, MI., it will be interesting to see how the ride compares with the XTX which he really liked a lot. Obviously he has way more power on tap with the SW. Just hoping all the other little Cat like issues don't plague him. Sure seems to be quite a few guys blowing belts yet on the SW's and did read some with the Cat version too, just more posting on the SW's it seems. Totally different clutches but I still wonder about chassis flex.

They can go that far, if you are under 5 foot 6. I am 6 feet even, 50 years old, cant ride that chassis that far any more. I can ride the Procross 200 miles a day on consecutive days. And 200 miles in VT is VERY different than 200 miles in Canada of Michigan.

I like the Apex ride and I have rode the rider forward machines to and like that seating position also, it doesn't matter really what newer style machine you have, Apex or pro cross after 200 miles in one day on non groomed wooded trails and groomed trails you feel it at the end of the day, I know I do.

Looks heavy...complicated....and the coolant will freeze. (Johnny Skeptical).

Last edited:
They can go that far, if you are under 5 foot 6. I am 6 feet even, 50 years old, cant ride that chassis that far any more. I can ride the Procross 200 miles a day on consecutive days. And 200 miles in VT is VERY different than 200 miles in Canada of Michigan.

I have a 2018 Vector & I can ride 150 to 200 miles a day. The difference between you & me is that you are a young guy compared to me at 69 yrs.old.

Back