• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Demo ride at Port Perry this past Saturday.

Irv

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 40th Anniversary Vector.
1995 XLT SP (Son's)
Pretty decent turn out today despite the weather.

Rode a 14 Vector 128, a 14 Apex XTX and a Viper LTX. Out of the 3, I liked the Vector the best, but maybe because I'm partial to them?

The Viper was nice, just not my cup of tea, but then again, only riding it for approx 5-6 km's, is not much time to conclude anything.

All in all a great day, put another 60 on mine tinkering with the suspension, which I think I have it dialed in pretty good now.
Followed some rides with Monte and Ragdoll and had a few short solo rides. It was windy as heck at times but blasting through the drifts was pretty sweet, and I am glad I didn't miss it.

Thanks goes to PPSC, Asslestine's Yamaha and Pickering Yamaha for a great day, and Yamaha Canada for picking up the breakfast and lunch tab! :beer_cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_0538 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0538 (Large).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0539 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0539 (Large).JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0540 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0540 (Large).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0541 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0541 (Large).JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0542 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0542 (Large).JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 133

I went to the one in North Bay, it was fun to ride a bunch of different sleds.

Murse said:
I know it was short but any reviews? Particularly with the 14' Apex and Viper?
I personally didn't care for the Viper, but I only went about 5-6 km's on it.

The Apex was nice but noticed the drone at the speeds we were riding :o|

I personally liked the 14 Vector 128 with EPS the best, it was sweet! ;)!

Suppose to go check out the demo ride in my area in March but I am afraid because I can't afford anything and I will just make myself sick.

I didn't realize the '14 Vectors went to a 128" track.

Its difficult to tell a Vector and Apex apart on the trail anymore unless you hear it.

northernsledder.jk said:
I didn't realize the '14 Vectors went to a 128" track.

My bad! I thought all the newer Vector's/Apex's were 128 now regular length.

Just checked the specs and seen it listed as a 121.

Irv said:

No biggie IRV. Either way, the Vector's are really nice. A buddy of mine has a '13 Vector LTX. It's a great sled, best bang for the buck IMO.

northernsledder.jk said:
Irv said:

No biggie IRV. Either way, the Vector's are really nice. A buddy of mine has a '13 Vector LTX. It's a great sled, best bang for the buck IMO.

Forgot to mention, when I was signing up to take the Vector for a ride, the guy signing me up said, if I were you I would wait for a 2015 Vector?

I guess he thought I was going to buy one that day? LOL

He didn't say much about it, other than saying it has some automotive tech in it, was a whole new platform/model and is suppose to be sweet.

I assume we'll find out on the 11th exactly what Yamaha is coming out with?

Irv said:
Forgot to mention, when I was signing up to take the Vector for a ride, the guy signing me up said, if I were you I would wait for a 2015 Vector?

He didn't say much about it, other than saying it has some automotive tech in it, was a whole new platform/model and is suppose to be sweet.

I wonder if the automotive tech will be the chassis dampeners? We'll see. :sled1:

northernsledder.jk said:
Irv said:

I wonder if the automotive tech will be the chassis dampeners? We'll see. :sled1:

My guess as well. 3 more days and we should find out for sure?

Northernsledder and Irv what do you mean by chassis dampeners?

I just did 200 + mile on the 2010 vector ltx and was pleased. Yes my Apex has more top end but the trail mid range punch was good so an improved Vector will be very interesting

Irv said:
My guess as well. 3 more days and we should find out for sure?

Are you going to pull the trigger on a new sled Irv? Your current Vector would be a great sled for your son when he's ready to move up from the Polaris. My boy started riding my Vector this year and now he doesn't want to ride anything else.

Back