• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha done with sleds

Not really surprising for anyone paying attention

I saw the letter too. Looks fake to me. Doesn’t look like an official Yamaha letter. But just my opinion.
3A7FE7A2-EA35-473B-92D3-1ABD1C78D549.jpeg

R.I.P.
The real question is, now that they're devalueized, do you sell it and move on or keep it?

I wonder if cat will still use the 998 or make their own turbo four stroke with Weber.

Does Textron still own both Arctic Cat and Polaris? This effectively makes the market a two horse race between Textron and BRP. While every corporation loves the concept of a plausible monopoly, two brands may not be enough to keep the market going (consumers like choice, they like competition, etc). Time will tell.

Does Textron still own both Arctic Cat and Polaris? This effectively makes the market a two horse race between Textron and BRP. While every corporation loves the concept of a plausible monopoly, two brands may not be enough to keep the market going (consumers like choice, they like competition, etc). Time will tell.
Textron I believe only was a shareholder for brief time

R.I.P.
My Doo/Poo buddies are already giving me #*$&@, lol. Told me they know a good therapist. :die
Might have to buy a couple and crate them. (And I think they're over-priced now)!! Might last me my lifetime though. :dunno:
Wishful thinking. But I'll enjoy my Sidewinder at least a few more years.

The Enticer 300 got our family into snowmobiling. Sad to see Yamaha throw in the towel.

R.I.P.
The real question is, now that they're devalueized, do you sell it and move on or keep it?
What would you be selling. There is no dealer network or service network for sleds. They have very little IP to sell other than engines. And AC will keep that tied up. Unless they drop the Wildcat XX with any yamaha colab sleds.

Anything of value went out the door when you saw Yamaha dealers taking on other brands years ago. The funny part is seeing AC dealers taking on other brands to fill their showrooms now. It sort of puts some writing on the wall long term for AC in the Sled and Dirt industries.

Cat has totally neglected their dealer network. I honestly though Yamaha was going to switch over to Polaris.

Maybe big blue is planing on a yfz and raptor update.....
Lol

What would you be selling. There is no dealer network or service network for sleds. They have very little IP to sell other than engines. And AC will keep that tied up. Unless they drop the Wildcat XX with any yamaha colab sleds.

Anything of value went out the door when you saw Yamaha dealers taking on other brands years ago. The funny part is seeing AC dealers taking on other brands to fill their showrooms now. It sort of puts some writing on the wall long term for AC in the Sled and Dirt industries.
When a brand closes up shop it completely Demolizes Any hopes at resale. When prices starting to go up 4 to 5 years ago, I saw the used market Climb with it. Roughly 4 yrs ago used sidewinders were in the $9,000 range And then I watched the used market climbed into the $11,000 range, as new ones reached and past the $20,000 range.
You'll see.....these sleds will Really be in the toilet over the the two seasons.
no biggie, just the way it goes.

When a brand closes up shop it completely Demolizes Any hopes at resale. When prices starting to go up 4 to 5 years ago, I saw the used market Climb with it. Roughly 4 yrs ago used sidewinders were in the $9,000 range And then I watched the used market climbed into the $11,000 range, as new ones reached and past the $20,000 range.
You'll see.....these sleds will Really be in the toilet over the the two seasons.
no biggie, just the way it goes.
I disagree. With Yamaha stating they will offer parts for years, I think most Winders will hold their value well. I bet there will be big demand for the 2025's.
In addition, if parts aren't available from Yamaha, just go to a Cat dealer.
Look at how strong demand remains for the 2002 SRX

Back