• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha lube price's- more expensive than I thought

ScottyD

Expert
Hamilton Ontario/sled from Sand Lake/Kearney
i just got back from my dealer, i went to get a new oil filter and oil, when the guy told me $112 i nearly shat right there. You cant get oil in a 4 litre jug anymore apparantly only the 1 litre bottles and they are $20. I only took the filter so i guess its time for amsoil. Last year it cost $76 for the oil and filter, thats a ridiculous price increase.

Was that for full or semi synthetic?? You can get 0w30 castrol edge full synthetic at Wal-Mart for just under $10 a litre.

Just run full synthetic, I have been using 5W30 Mobile 1 purchased from either Wal-Mart or CTC for around $35 for a jug (I believe they are 4.4 liters).

Kaz

I am done with Yamaha lube myself because of the price. I am going to Mobil 1 synthetic next year. I have been using Mobil 1 in my cars for the past 15 years so I might as well run it in my sled. G.B.

went to buy my 0W40 Yamalube and filter and heres the breakdown

Retail $19.94 for 1 liter of 0W40 (discounted by $9.17 for 4) $70.59 or $17.65 each
Retail $22.62 Oil filter (discounted by $2.60) $20.02

add you tax and out the door with 4 liters and a filter
TOTAL DUE. $102.39

The lube should be free for the #*$&@ raping your getting!

I have been using Yamalube up to now but at that price I will be going else where too. I have been using Mobil1 in my bike for a few years, might be time to run it in the sleds too.

You Canadians are really getting hosed! My Yamaha dealer gives me a 15% discount and my last semi synthetic oil & filter purchase was about $30 USD

I only run mobil 1 in my phazer and my son's nytro. a gallon and a quart does both machines - about $30 US.

You guys need to talk with sleddheadd. I get 4 quarts Amsoil 0w-40 powersports oil and a wix filter I get from Amsoil for my rs vector and including shipping AND NYS sales tax of 8% it cost me $49.68 US.

I buy a 4 litre jug of 100% synthetic 5w30 for around $25 cnd. The filters I buy by the case and use the pureone. Any full synthetic oil or even regular oil is going to be fine if you change it every year along with the filter.

Back