• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA PREDICTIONS FOR 2013

For 2013 I think they will update the nytro like they did for the apex in 2011 and thats about it, I might be wrong but who realy knows what they will do.

Hi guys, here's an idea The new "Exciter" Based on the Apex/Vector chassis DB3 all new futuristic plastics, Phazer motor with a Yamacharger bumped to 105 HP and a 128" track. Exciter II will be a 2-up version with side large detachable saddle bags as your engine side covers. all motor and oil tank contained in the center of the delta box with exhaust out the back. and of course power steering. Totally doable. Oh yeah $8999 for single seater and $9999 for touring version Retail price. This would sell ditch the phazer chassis.
We also need a new Bravo 4 stroke. Any Ideas???
YAMAHA PLEASE BRING BACK THE SNO SPORT!!!!!!!!! 4 STROKE VERSION OF COURSE. :-o

Some folks here want to see yamaha four-strokes lose weight(i would like that too),but heres a reality check from the world of Dirt bikes.The 2012 YZ450F(four-strokes)weights 245lbs(wet with 6.2L tank).The 2012 YZ250(two-stroke)weights 227lbs(wet with 8L tank).These bikes are in the same AMA class for racing.While we all would like to see a big weight reduction,a four-stroke will always weight more than the two-stroke competition.If it didn,t the yamaha sled would be over $20 grand stock.Exotic materials cost money.And this is the only way yamaha would do it.Use of exotic materials(ie.expensive)in order not to sacrifice the core valves of a yamaha sled(strength,reliability,performance).While the competition may be lighter(spec sheets can be fudged)they really have gone downhill in quality and reliabilty(days of the fuji 488LC and rotax 583 are long gone with EPA regs).As for there four-strokes lets face it,there just thumper motors fitted into a two-stroke frame.This leads to issues with motor alignment and stress on the drivetrain(why you think mountain riders can boost our yamahas past 450HP with stock belts,and survive).Yamaha may have issues, but from what i see of the competition,they got problems.When yamaha brings something cool and unique to the sled world,it kicks the collective arses of poo,doo and cat(why you think they ban yamaha from racing when they win :jump: ).Face it,yamaha builds the best sleds.And by the way TURBOFX,i like your idea about a Exciter,just make it a 750cc baby triple thumper with 110HP and weight under 510lbs.

The keys to market share growth are smaller,warmer,cheaper.

I just looked at a new cat it felt like I was sitting up on a bar stool the thing feels freakin huge compared to my 05 vector and that sled feels huge compared to my 01 Sxr.

BUILD a ACE with a little more snot that can be sold for reasonable money and you will have very very happy dealers.

Look at the best selling most popular sleds of all time and none of them where the biggest buck high performance models. They where typically the sleds that where the best bang for your buck. Easy comfortable ride,reliable, enough snap for fun at a reasonable price.

Think phazer,enticer,old panther and jag.

If they can't build some sales volume then the pie in the sky models will never happen

Look at Porsche with their SUV enthusiasts freaked a mommy Porsche???? The engines on the wrong end!!!!!!!!!

They've sold a jillion of them up here around Boston giving them the cash to build very small volume very special cars for dad, and if mom gets a 350-500 hp SUV then how can she say no when dad wants a Cayman.

Profitability rests in the middle market.

Yawn....... who cares what mags say they have no idea what is going on at Yamaha. Yamaha is waiting for all us to buy something else & go away then they will close the door on sleds. No profits or big numbers for sled divison to do anything but BNG. There are other brand good 4s sleds availabe now so I have to consider. I luv my 2007 Attak GT but to buy 2012 Apex XTX for EPS, better ski & use premium gas not going to happen. I can't even find high octane gas in the sticks where I ride anyway so why spec the engine for anything but regular gas? 2013 will be a big snoozer nothing else! Sad but true get ready for nothing.

Ruckus said:
AK, I rode the new crossfire 800. Granted it is not the 4T but its the same sled except a little lighter. Its really sweet, man. My good friend has an all black one and its a really nice handling sled.

That is good to hear. My buddy has an 800 Pro-Climb but I've not ridden it yet. Too bad it is a 162.

Its sad to say but I think yamaha has just stopped caring about snowmobiles. I love Yamaha but I was sick of waiting for something new so I went out and got a ski too mxz 800 and I will say the handling is awesome but I miss the 4 stroke power band. I would also like to comment that I had a 07 apex rtx and it was built way better than the ski doo I currently have and I miss that too. The things I don't miss are the handling and the weight of that apex. It has nothing to do with the ski's either because every sled I buy I put C&A Pro ski's on. I wish Yamaha would make something worth switching back.

Fore everyone who complaine about the prices on yamaha.Apex xtx and poo-poo freeride 146 800r e-tek costs both 170.000NKr.

Malibu said:
Fore everyone who complaine about the prices on yamaha.Apex xtx and poo-poo freeride 146 800r e-tek costs both 170.000NKr.

How many Yen does that work out too?

Hearing new front end & rear end on the Nytro like chassis with stretched out foot print (Front forward & skid back) & the 3 cyl & 4 cyl motors available!!!

Apex??? (Maybe Gone)

:drink:

BR

I would like a ’92 Exciter LE in dark green metal flake paint. It rides as well as a Vector and due to less weight is less fatiguing and responds well. I did not have to resolve darting problems. The front struts had a large degree of adjustability (gas) and did not stick out in the open and were not a magnet to trail trash, bushes, etc. It started better than the carbed vector, got about the same gas mileage, instrumentation was about the same, it had storage in the seat, the seat was not as wide as the vector which suited me, it had ice buildup but not like todays sleds, the head light could have been brighter but in did light the trail in the direction you were turning. Clutches lasted as long as todays clutches do, the belt and track life was the same than as is now, reliability was top notch and you could service it easily. A tank of oil lasted for quite a few gas fill’s but you did smell like a 2 stroke which I do not miss. I am talking about average joe snowmobiler that loves to trail ride with family or friends and likes to take in the beautiful scenery. Racing on a long lake todays front ends have no advantage over the struts. You take any model of any manufacture, ride down a trail, hit a pot hole and you pop out of your seat. That is snowmobiling. Watch any brand coming toward you and they are working the steering to keep a straight line. In deep snow / off trail the exciter was superior to the vector. I had a ’92 Exciter LE and nothing Yamaha was making made me want to buy. Than the ’05 vector in red caught my eye, beautiful sled, I look at the rear suspension and said hell that is the same and the old Phazer and I never like the ride of the Phazer. I put my faith in Yamaha plus the looks of the vector and I took it home. In my mind this sled will be the absolute best thing since sliced bread. I had is so built up in my mind, went to Canada for a week and the letdown was traumatic. I eventually learned to like it and enjoyed it very much but for $7600 hundred dollars and 13 years difference I will take my Exciter any day. I had a ’05 Vector, ’06 Vector, ’06 range all at the same time plus I bought my grandson a pre-owned new style Phazer. The Phazer lasted 2 seasons, nobody like riding it. I started riding in 1970, bought a ’74 Yamaha SL433 and never left Yamaha. I never had to walk out of the woods; I never ran out of gas, I never wrecked a sled. Yes, I raced, I acted stupid, once and only once I drank and drove but 99% of the time I was a law abiding, courteous, respectful family oriented snowmobiler. The bottom line is do we really need all the supposed advanced technology todays sleds have. Are they really that different than yesterday’s sleds? Read the forums, all makes, look at the time and money being spent just on handling issues not to mention speed and loud obnoxious exhaust systems.
That’s what I think.

mainecabin said:
I would like a ’92 Exciter LE in dark green metal flake paint. It rides as well as a Vector and due to less weight is less fatiguing and responds well. I did not have to resolve darting problems. The front struts had a large degree of adjustability (gas) and did not stick out in the open and were not a magnet to trail trash, bushes, etc. It started better than the carbed vector, got about the same gas mileage, instrumentation was about the same, it had storage in the seat, the seat was not as wide as the vector which suited me, it had ice buildup but not like todays sleds, the head light could have been brighter but in did light the trail in the direction you were turning. Clutches lasted as long as todays clutches do, the belt and track life was the same than as is now, reliability was top notch and you could service it easily. A tank of oil lasted for quite a few gas fill’s but you did smell like a 2 stroke which I do not miss. I am talking about average joe snowmobiler that loves to trail ride with family or friends and likes to take in the beautiful scenery. Racing on a long lake todays front ends have no advantage over the struts. You take any model of any manufacture, ride down a trail, hit a pot hole and you pop out of your seat. That is snowmobiling. Watch any brand coming toward you and they are working the steering to keep a straight line. In deep snow / off trail the exciter was superior to the vector. I had a ’92 Exciter LE and nothing Yamaha was making made me want to buy. Than the ’05 vector in red caught my eye, beautiful sled, I look at the rear suspension and said hell that is the same and the old Phazer and I never like the ride of the Phazer. I put my faith in Yamaha plus the looks of the vector and I took it home. In my mind this sled will be the absolute best thing since sliced bread. I had is so built up in my mind, went to Canada for a week and the letdown was traumatic. I eventually learned to like it and enjoyed it very much but for $7600 hundred dollars and 13 years difference I will take my Exciter any day. I had a ’05 Vector, ’06 Vector, ’06 range all at the same time plus I bought my grandson a pre-owned new style Phazer. The Phazer lasted 2 seasons, nobody like riding it. I started riding in 1970, bought a ’74 Yamaha SL433 and never left Yamaha. I never had to walk out of the woods; I never ran out of gas, I never wrecked a sled. Yes, I raced, I acted stupid, once and only once I drank and drove but 99% of the time I was a law abiding, courteous, respectful family oriented snowmobiler. The bottom line is do we really need all the supposed advanced technology todays sleds have. Are they really that different than yesterday’s sleds? Read the forums, all makes, look at the time and money being spent just on handling issues not to mention speed and loud obnoxious exhaust systems.
That’s what I think.

Reafirms what a lot have been saying on here about a small and maybe even a large displacement cheap trail sled would be great. Shoot and even a vote for bringing back the pogo sticks. Hey why not? The Doo Tundras have them? Personally I could never imagine going back to the T.S.S. like my old SRV or V-max had but if you liked it great. Not my cup of sled but it maybe key to getting back some market share.
Cousin had your exact sled in dark green it was a great machine.

Back