• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA PREDICTIONS FOR 2013

I sure hope its something cool other than spelling "nitro" properly. Im wanting a new sled, still have old TRX1 Mountain.

towerrigger said:
HartleRacing said:
i would rather have an apex with a factory "yamcharger" on it than i would see a 200HP twin.. mountain guys are blowing the Phazer motor into pieces once it gets over 160ish HP.. there is zero reliability involved with that idea.

Sorry the Yamcharger is a turd of a product. If it wasn't then there would be a ton of them out there. Lightweight twin motors with boost is the right direction to be headed. The motor just needs to be designed for boost on the drawing board and not an after thought.
Turd.... :drink: You have NO idea of what you are saying untill you see a well setup Yamcharger sled..Sorry

Two cylinder 1000cc supercharged new light chassis with 200hp. We will see!!! Hopefully the 2 dealers I am hearing this from are right.!!! The 2 cylinder engine will make for a lighter package. Hell Yamaha can make 80+ hp out of the 500 so they could easily reach this figure with twice the displacement and a supercharger!! Feb 14th the dealers will know more. Maybe I will be glad I didn't run out and buy that Turbo AC this year!!!

We all can talk motor all day but if Yamaha doesnt hit a home run with a suspension it will be a dud.The RMotion has the suspension to beat and Yamaha has the added challenge of having a 4st top heavy motor that will need to be accommodated by the suspension to make it handle.I know they can do this.But will they.

why does everyone suddenly hate the YAMAHA motors?? all that is needed is chassis development and the engines will become the greatest things on snow.

do you think all the ski doo guys would like the E-TEC motors as well if they were in our chassis?? NO

That motor would be interesting but they have to have a new chassis to put it in. Can't put it in one of the old chassis. How much less would this motor weigh compare to a 3 cylinder? You lose a cylinder but gain a supercharger. Sure more power but I feel more guys care about weight than 200 hp. Would they also have a non supercharged one? I think we will see how serious yamaha is about their sleds in the next few years. They have not had any new chassis since 08. Its time to step up. All the other manufacturers have stepped up in the last few years. Yamaha's turn. I hope they do

HartleRacing said:
why does everyone suddenly hate the YAMAHA motors?? all that is needed is chassis development and the engines will become the greatest things on snow.

do you think all the ski doo guys would like the E-TEC motors as well if they were in our chassis?? NO
I don't think anyone is hating on the engines. They are undoubtedly the best feature of the sled. It's the heavy chassis most people complain about. If I could get a Nytro engine in my renegade I would be a very happy camper. Realistically The 4 stroke doesn't weigh a tremendous amount more, maybe 30 lbs. So why is the Nytro and Phazer 100 lbs more than their competition?

Ruckus said:
HartleRacing said:

I don't think anyone is hating on the engines. They are undoubtedly the best feature of the sled. It's the heavy chassis most people complain about. If I could get a Nytro engine in my renegade I would be a very happy camper. Realistically The 4 stroke doesn't weigh a tremendous amount more, maybe 30 lbs. So why is the Nytro and Phazer 100 lbs more than their competition?

the nytro is actually only like 25 lbs heavier than the 1200 doo. and it is built way better, not just a box of scraps bolted together like ski doo and arctic cat does. if we could just get better handling and suspension I would be very happy

[/quote]

the nytro is actually only like 25 lbs heavier than the 1200 doo. and it is built way better, not just a box of scraps bolted together like ski doo and arctic cat does. if we could just get better handling and suspension I would be very happy[/quote]

I think it is more like 40 pounds heavier. Yamaha could lose 20 pounds by making just a few changes. Rear suspension weighs a ton. Get rid of a bunch of small things like the parking brake,the big heavy brake rotor etc and those pounds fall fast.

No doubt they can trim the weight(Just rode my brothers 06 Nytro with close to 40lbs removed from stock.I can turn it in the air off jumps with my feet.You can feel the difference with the fat removed).As for the 2013 model year the latest SLEDBLOG has me nervous about the future.Can,t see any new chassis if there big intro is a "tweaked" existing model.Guess many folks will jumpship next season.As for me i will keep hanging on to the tuning folks.You can say im with the DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH :yam: .

Attachments

• feb 2012 07.jpg
    feb 2012 07.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 103
The XP is a tweaked rev. And the Apex was a tweaked RX 1. A tweaked nytro chassis that loses weight and/or turns would be pretty sweet.

rindtj said:
The XP is a tweaked rev. And the Apex was a tweaked RX 1. A tweaked nytro chassis that loses weight and/or turns would be pretty sweet.
Theres nothing wrong with "tweaked" if its a RXwarrior,SX exciter,or PhazerII.Just wondering if there "big change" is being put off because of what the other three sled builders will be releasing for 2013(diddly squat :jump: )They did this with the new Apex in 2009.Yamaha is the hardest company to predict whats on the horizon :exc: .( a "tweaked" FX Nytro with the CF casting front subframe like the sno-crossers from 2009.Now that would be sweet :Rockon: )

Back