• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA PREDICTIONS FOR 2013

hearnoevil said:
Grimm said:
Maybe Yamaha will release a sled with the articulated front suspension they have a patent on.

Holy crap .. that would be a boondocking monster. be just like riding a motorcycle.
Actually, it will do the opposite of what you would want it to. Since countersteering is the primary goal of bondocking, turning the skis away from the turn will likewise try to lean the sled away from the turn resulting in the opposite of the desired action.

I guess we all have to sit and wait. I sold my Apex this summer and was unsure of what to do. I just put a deposit down on a Ski Doo Backcountry 800 Etec and a 600ACE renegade for the little guy. I cant see Yamaha coming up with something that will blow my mind and suit my type of riding anytime soon. Still love the Yamaha engines but the rest has me less than impressed.

Phazernut said:
Still love the Yamaha engines but the rest has me less than impressed.

Well put Phazernut, I'm a true bleeding blue Yamaha guy and I have to say my internal compass is starting to point this direction too. It's the times you want to shoot off trail and sink down 3 feet immediately (my Attak) you realize Yamahas severly lack in the off trail categories.

Phazernut said:
I guess we all have to sit and wait. I sold my Apex this summer and was unsure of what to do. I just put a deposit down on a Ski Doo Backcountry 800 Etec and a 600ACE renegade for the little guy. I cant see Yamaha coming up with something that will blow my mind and suit my type of riding anytime soon. Still love the Yamaha engines but the rest has me less than impressed.

This is true but when the sealed bearing goes on the 800Etec because of the torque on the motor and the sled blows up after 5000 miles you will be back to Yamaha.

Variant model, hmmm..... No xtx phazer yet.....

How about a new big bore 160hp 1199cc nytro engine along with a 105hp 799cc twin version (cylinder chopped off) along with a new chassis that's supports both engines. could also keep the current vector/nytro engine to cover the middle of the gap. 3 engines, NO gear reductions, 1 chassis, no more WIDE 4 hole engine to design around.

Phazernut said:

Well to me the motor is everything, had to many twins with lack of motor. Yeah, who cares if you can't corner as hard or float across moguls. Just give me a sled that pulls like a freight train. The reliability and fit & finish seal the deal. Season is short and most corners are ice, so everyone has to slow down. just my .02
People don't by harleys for their motors but hyabusa riders do!

moab11 said:
my bet on the variant is a Nytro Backcountry model of sorts. Nytro XTX with the 1.75" Backcountry strap, mountain skis, grab bar, mountain cooler. Basically something to try and compete with the Doo Freeride and Polaris Assault models.

Uhm its already here? ever heard of the X-ride?

X-Ride.jpg

Cool sled.Any of you guys having trouble opening the SLEDTALK site.Its been closed since yesterday.

Very funny Emme! BNG and adjustable riser!
This is a "model" sold in scandinavia for my 2012. It is a Mtx 153 with a sticker on the tunnel and adjustable riser. Also supposed to have stiffer shocks. Yamaha Scandinavias answer to sd freeride and po Assault.

Emme.g.h. said:
moab11 said:
my bet on the variant is a Nytro Backcountry model of sorts. Nytro XTX with the 1.75" Backcountry strap, mountain skis, grab bar, mountain cooler. Basically something to try and compete with the Doo Freeride and Polaris Assault models.

Uhm its already here? ever heard of the X-ride?

X-Ride.jpg

Looks nice, never heard of it, must only be available in Europe. I'm guessing 2" maverick track? It is pretty close to what I said though, just shorten the track a bit, and add in a swaybar for the trails, and some handguards.

Back