• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha rebate program to Canadians.....here it is!!!!

Offering more than the competition is commendable but it still is not a fair price. What Canadians want is to pay the same as the USA now because our dollar has surpassed that of the USA and will stay that way for at least a couple of years. The extra costs can be paid for by our stronger dollar now. We dont want rebates or longer warranty we want parity. That said I appluad Yamaha Canada for taking the first very small step to get there.

This is a mess for every product we buy. We can sit here with the same debate on any vehicle we buy, a pair of socks or a gallon of gas. I don’t see much changing until some Canadian wholesalers reduce their prices to be competitive in our own country. Once our own wholesalers reduce local prices, then soon many will be forced to follow bringing all prices down and possibly make our own dollar get weak through the whole chain of events. The big picture may not be in our favour.
Hats off for Yamaha Canada for taking a step forward. Keeping in mind that not everyone lives close to the borders.
I’m sure its not as easy as we think to just drop the prices down on our Canadian sleds. The timing for the US dollar being weak makes things tuff I’m sure. Doo is charging US dealers if they sell north of the border. That’s enough to pull off the yellow bibs and slip on some blue ones. :flag:

Dan

I would like to thank Turk for posting this information.

I had snow checked a 2008 Vector LTX and picked in up
in September. My dealer confirmed that I would be receiving a cheque from Yamaha in about six to eight
weeks. It maybe not as much as some had wished for
but at least Yamaha is the first to reimburse us. It will be
interesting to see if other snowmobile manufactures will
do the same.
Now if they could lower the price of parts to match our
USA neighbor's that would be great

Beech said:
I would like to thank Turk for posting this information.

I had snow checked a 2008 Vector LTX and picked in up
in September. My dealer confirmed that I would be receiving a cheque from Yamaha in about six to eight
weeks. It maybe not as much as some had wished for
but at least Yamaha is the first to reimburse us. It will be
interesting to see if other snowmobile manufactures will
do the same.
Now if they could lower the price of parts to match our
USA neighbor's that would be great

Tell me about it, I just bought the new style blue colored snowflap here in Canada for $82, and I could have got it from one of TY's sponsors for $40 !?!?!?!??? What gives ??? :ORC
And when you think about the whole thing, $500-$800 cashback is not a heck of a lot when you consider we're above parity, but it's sure gonna cost Yamaha quite a bit to chuck all that back to every single person who buys an 08 when they didn't even have to ! On that note, I would also like to thank Turk for posting this info, and Yamaha for being the first to take a step in the right direction ! ;)!

Yes EDP customers get the "Cash Back"
Yes dealers have the program

Products are different prices in different countries based on the economy
For instance
A 40th Apex Mtn is $23,000 can in Sweden
An R1 in Brittain is over $18,000 can (same price as an Apex)
Would an Apex be same as Canadian dollars in India or China?

The prices make sense but what doesn't make sense (although it would be nice) is for everything in Canada to go down in price by 20% or change price daily with the exchange while we all keep our wages the same
Yes this situation sucks but what needs to happen is the american dollar to go back where it was 3 yrs ago

Back