• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA RX1 GET RID OF THE EBRS IN YOUR CLUTCH Question ? ! ?

Vmax540

Expert
Website
www.vintagevmax.com
I have an 06 Rage which I often run slow speeds of ~10mph. on tight feeder trails from my home until I get to the trail system. I really hate the point where the clutch is always disengageing and the sled is nose diving and bucking like I'm a 16yr. old learning to drive a standard on a hilly road all the while my overbearing mother is yelling and critizing my every move..... :~
What do you think of these ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-R ... 0191141269

Another option, though much more involved, would be trying to add the coating enricher to each carb. This might(?) keep rpm drops and the resulting clutch issues in check...

You could just get a different spring to reduce the engagement RPM. It doesn't have to be this one from ebay. If you have the stock spring in you have a Blue/Green/Blue. You could get a yellow/silver/yellow, or a green/pink/green. Both would keep your spring rate close to what you have now and would drop the preload 5 to 10 pounds respectively. Remember if you drop the engagement too much you will load the motor at an rpm that it wont be able to get out of.

DoktorC said:
WTF is EBRS???

Could it stand for Engine Braking Reduction System?

vmax540, are you advertising this product for sale? You auction has ended. If you are advertising please contact site administrator Mr. Sled to setup and advertising package.

Thank you.

BlueByYou2000 said:
DoktorC said:
WTF is EBRS???

Thank you.

I sort of assumed that but trying to read that ebay description made me crazy!! lol.

Now...if it did stand for Engine Braking Reduction System...why would you want to get rid of it?? According to the description the stiff/heavy stock spring causes the engine braking...which says to me that the "new" spring is weaker..which would keep the clutch engaged longer and lower RPM....I can't see how that would reduce engine braking or improve performance..

Maybe it's just a poorly written description but it sounds like a scam to me.....

BlueByYou2000 said:
DoktorC said:
WTF is EBRS???

vmax540, are you advertising this product for sale? You auction has ended. If you are advertising please contact site administrator Mr. Sled to setup and advertising package.

Thank you.

No, this is Not my auction this is a legit question....... B.T.W. my E-bay name is vintagevmax

Got Apex, thanks for the info. it sounds like I just need to drop the rpm a little to keep the clutch engaged at these slow speeds ? I'm not worried about a little loss of holeshot heck this sled will rip my arms off !

Lazy "TY TECH ADVISER ? ! ?" Nice Reply, Grow up ! B.T.W. why don't you come over and show me how to drive this long track on 5' wide, tight and twisty trails WITHOUT running thru the brush all the while keeping the clutch engaged on every turn !

I guess you are the only one who drives a sled on tight twisty trails. Like LB said learn throttle control. Those clutch springs on EBay look like a scam To me that looks like a spring taken out of A Ford transmission and cut to fit. The engine braking you talk about is not A problem and not even noticeable at low speeds.

I live in an area with absolutely no groomed trails and ride small tight twisty 5 foot wide feeder tails all the time with little or no problems that you speak of.

:o| Wow....... I truly was hoping to find someone that had experience with these or any other optional springs. I was hoping to keep the primary clutch engaged at slower steady speeds and certainly wasn't trying to a fend anyone’s love of the engine braking. I'm Sorry, if some thought the E-bay title or description was mine ? ! ?

Maybe it is the terms you are using engine braking is not a factor at low speeds. If you are looking for a spring that lowers your engagement rpm then you should ask for that information. Lowering your engagement RPM will probably not remove engine braking at higher speeds. Also most guys here will more than likely put A spring in their clutchs that will raise engagement RPM not lower it. The reason everyone jumped on you is cause that spring/Ebay deal has been on here many times and looks very suspicious.

Vmax540 said:
:o| and certainly wasn't trying to offend anyone’s love of the engine braking. I'm Sorry...

LOL you're OK, forgetaboutit. Yamaha sells springs too that change the engagement speed. Looking at that spring on ebay, I dunno :dunno:
It kind of looks like it was painted with a magic marker. Regardless, changing springs is not very spendy at all. I actually have a lower engagement spring in my Apex right now.

You know what could also help you? Loosten the screws on the throttle clamp a little. Then when you are riding you can experiment with different angles. Find the right angle for you and you might find it easier to keep consistant throttle opening on bumpy trails.

Back